Oculus Quest 2 VR now is worth doing for us over 50s

OK , I have an oculus Quest 2 VR system, its £300 on amazon, you no longer need a PC or a console, all you need is a smart phone BUT Its probably possible to use a tablet to get the oculus app. once setup the phone or tablet isnt needed.

The first thought of people when they think of VR is its like a game, I CAN TELL YOU its Not! its like being in someone elses head you actually feel hieghts and speed and balance and fear. your not playing a game , instead its like magic stepping into Jamesbonds shoes or being tiger woods.

There are also eexperiences like fitness, or walking or meditating . its truly a wonder, and I know most of you will never try it because you think of it as electronics of computers, but those that will try it eventually are waisting time from now till then.

The Quest is wireless too, but follow all the safety guides like having an open space to move in etc…

2 Likes

As an example, you can get a star trek app and crew the enterprise with some friends or alone and travel space doing star trek things.

1 Like

Incredible! What about Star Wars?

2 Likes

they have 3 Vader Experiences, and a star war pinball VR room, I think there are others

2 Likes

Thanks! Sounds like fun

:001:

1 Like

A lot of strong product selling there, homealone!

Are you a salesman on their behalf?

2 Likes

it used to be very expensive to do VR, its come of age. I love playing table tennis on it

2 Likes

I also enjoy sports so I’ll do some research- thanks

1 Like

just enthusiastic, you guys prob never been exposed to VR .

1 Like

There are may sports , golf tennis mini golf basball etc…

2 Likes

Here’s a list of some apps I found. Beware if you have a slow connection. It takes a while to load.

There are VR movies like Disney’s Frozen Tale. There’s a pottery making app. There’s one called “Where Thoughts Go” that’s supposed to be relaxing. There’s sculpting and painting. (I’ve seen this on youtube). There’s bowling and aircraft fighting. There’s one called Drunkn Bar Fight. Haha.

Looks fun.

I’m wondering if I wouldn’t get the same kind of dizzy feeling that I get with noise canceling headphones or other equipment like that.

2 Likes

Oh nice. I used to ‘play’ Xbox Kinect and I enjoyed that immensely

1 Like

Thank you butterscotch

:023:

Sounds awesome

2 Likes

Thats what non VR people think, But its not like that, it feels real, you can travel the globe from your chair

2 Likes

I’m definitely intrigued, but I’ll research first.

Much appreciated

1 Like

Wow, thx for putting that info butterscotch

2 Likes

Images of what it looks like for people who don’t know what VR (virtual reality) looks like. VR has been around for a long time. I saw some of youtube videos of painting at least 4 years ago, but it was really expensive and heavy to start.

This version looks like it gets mixed reviews on youtube on a first glance. But the price is coming down and the weight is coming down as well.

2 Likes

here is the star trek link

1 Like

Thank you for sharing

:grinning:

1 Like

Sounds fun actually and I gather they’re getting a lot more realistic … The ones that were out years back were pretty rubbishy, and expensive.

Have they done a tour of Stonehenge yet?
I’d be too anxious with Star Trek, what with planets that didn’t have an oxygen atmosphere.

2 Likes