Octopus Energy UK - Notification of Price Increase 2023 - Energy Bill Support Scheme Ends

Not everyone, apparently.

The £67.00 did it’s intended job, through the high usage period, now, the energy companies need to pass on the wholesale cost reductions, so bills can be reduced, hopefully by more than £67.00 per month.

Latest email from Octopus:

Just a quick reminder: we’ll collect your monthly Direct Debit payment of £270.92 on 24th April.

Why is my payment £67 higher this month? The Government’s Energy Bills Support Scheme, which gave you £400 in energy support in monthly energy credits over Winter, is now finished so we’ve reverted your payments back to your usual amount. You can adjust this yourself online.

HELP

Is anyone with British Gas I am I was changed over from Bristol Energy to BG with no choice may I add. However I find their new system mind bogglingly seems I get a bill every 5 to 6 days then its cancelled some credited other amounts "miscellaneous credit " so debited then credited then billed then cancelled then credited.

I did receive my bill every 4 months.

I refuse to pay direct debit as they cannot even get the bill issued on the right time let alone the correct figure etc but anyone else having similar troubles?

No problems since succumbing to the Smart Meter, my accompanying “Spreadsheet” is worth a thousand bills.

Hi Im with BG & pay by DD , I get a statement every 3 months.
I would contact BG as it sounds like a computer error on your account

Yes I think so too however the issue is contacting BG and getting a person not a BOT
Thanks for the reply

1 Like