Obesity In America

Dont think you should bash the Americans because some might be a little over weight.

We did send a fat expert over there to help.

American Reacts Little Britain USA - Marjorie Dawes - YouTube

Obesity is also a massive problem here in the UK , the sun only has to shine and out comes the flab!

1 Like

Yes - ice cold straight from the 'fridge or - better still - warm freshly milked from the cow!

1 Like

Mine doesn’t - I love milk!

2 Likes

Apart from anything the life of a dairy cow is pretty awful with its vastly enlarged udders just to supply n
Humans with food meant for baby calves .
The said calves are taken away day two from their mothers who grieve for them .

1 Like

Well the coffees my US friends drank were black. It was the doughnuts I was worried about.

I have always enjoyed a refreshing glass of milk. It’s my favorite of choice. So many benefits, we need the vitamins and minerals for strong teeth and bones.

I love milk!

4 Likes

And that’s why you are two of the most attractive lady members on this forum…
:heart:

2 Likes

(I can’t excuse my humor)
You may be looking through milk covered glasses! :wink:

2 Likes

…… because society has normalized obesity as well as convenience

2 Likes

Unfortunately it also clogs your arteries and that is one reason why heart disease is so prevalent .

2 Likes

Who’s told you that Muddy?
:roll_eyes:

Milk and other dairy products are full of saturated fats Foxy which raise levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad sort ) and high LDL cholesterol is one of the causes of coronary artery disease.
This is fairly well known we eat too much dairy food ie high fat stuff meant for baby cows .
Not for adult humans .
Even baby cows don’t stay on it too long as soon as they can eat grass if left to themselves they will drink less naturally .

Here you are Muddy, things to prevent heart disease…

1 Like

We eat loads of fish Foxy but it’s no good if you are binging on the dairy stuff .

I’m fine with milk and dairy but there’s no doubt for me it’s the carbs that pile on the pounds. If I go low carb it’s like I’m melting, the fat just goes like crazy

I’ve heard that some people are carb sensitive but it’s a hard diet to keep to

I’m wondering if the US diet is traditionally high in carbs?

1 Like

Everything in moderation, Muddy. Dairy promotes healthy bones and teeth. Fish is something you can eat two or three times a week, but if you eat more, there is the mercury factor. Veggies are good in color groups, but too much vitamin A (carrots and sweet potatoes) will bring ill health. Green veggies are good, but too much roughage causes intestinal problems. Same with fruits, and too much Vitamin C.
Again, everything in moderation promotes a healthy heart and other organs.
I have reached 70. Strong bones and teeth, no cancer issues, no heart problems, lungs are fine, my knees, hips and joints are holding up just fine except for arthritis (hereditary), but nothing to keep me from smiling when waking up and doing any exercise or activity I choose.

There are others with many illnesses at a much younger age, but I will keep my routine and health smarts going, by letting my body tell me if there may be a problem. So far, it’s working terrifically.

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Yep, and also saturated fat is a requirement just like protein and carbs.
It’s the ‘trans fats’ that people should be avoiding.

2 Likes

Milk is good for women especially when they get older to help keep osteoporosis away. I use the red top, skimmed milk.

1 Like