Obesity In America

I was surprised reading the world fattest nations on google that America Australia and New Zealand are ahead of us in the fat stats…Americans out front though but not by that much…problem is food is so plentiful and readily available.

I try not to judge people who are very overweight I know there are more reasons for it than just overeating everyone has their own story

Unfortunately I have been addicted to those lattes, only had 3 yesterday…and I’ve just bought a doughnut,Muddy.

I can’t stomach milk I have black tea and coffee…only time I very occasionally have milk is in custard on something like apple crumble…I can’t remember the last time I did that though

3 Likes

ah I do like milk in tea and coffee. It’s also nutritious. Doughnuts less so.

I never think like that,Annie.when eating one…only afterwards…:sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

I can’t remember the last time I had a doughnut Pauline. Benefits of not being able to eat gluten.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks for the link Foxy, really interesting

1 Like

Isn’t milk ‘Brilliant!’…
:sunglasses:

It’s not , if you have high level of calcium in your blood.

Interesting article .
It says 65 % of the worlds population is lactose intolerant ( I am LI )
Milk is ok for children but as mammals - from the verb mamar ie to suckle we don’t need milk after we have stopped growing .
We are the only animal that drinks another mammals baby food .
The fact is that after childhood ie babyhood our digestive systems have trouble digesting lactose which is for babies .

2 Likes

True Muddy. As you already know, dogs don’t need milk after weaning either, same as we don’t.
It was only intended for any kind of baby before they can progress to solids.

1 Like

Dont think you should bash the Americans because some might be a little over weight.

We did send a fat expert over there to help.

American Reacts Little Britain USA - Marjorie Dawes - YouTube

Obesity is also a massive problem here in the UK , the sun only has to shine and out comes the flab!

1 Like

Yes - ice cold straight from the 'fridge or - better still - warm freshly milked from the cow!

1 Like

Mine doesn’t - I love milk!

2 Likes

Apart from anything the life of a dairy cow is pretty awful with its vastly enlarged udders just to supply n
Humans with food meant for baby calves .
The said calves are taken away day two from their mothers who grieve for them .

1 Like

Well the coffees my US friends drank were black. It was the doughnuts I was worried about.

I have always enjoyed a refreshing glass of milk. It’s my favorite of choice. So many benefits, we need the vitamins and minerals for strong teeth and bones.

I love milk!

4 Likes

And that’s why you are two of the most attractive lady members on this forum…
:heart:

2 Likes