Novak Djokovic told to Bugger Off

According to this morning’s news Novak Djokovic arrived in Australia with a Covid-16 vaccination exemption to play at the Australian Open.

After being interrogated by Border Force his visa was cancelled and he was told to leave the country. His lawyers have appealed

Not sure he has officially been told to bugger off yet, but, news moves fast.

Aren’t all the other players double vaccinated as a condition of entry ?
I can see why they might feel he was getting special treatment.

He is the champ, that is where the money is.

Holy Shit.
They don’t take prisoners those Australians!
He’s gone, deported.
Wish we had strong leaders like that.

5 Likes

We did once … :rofl: … we sent undesirables to Australia.

2 Likes

Nice one Morti! :rofl: :rofl:

I won’t think so when an Aussie comes and kicks me up the bum. :crazy_face:

'ello 'ello 'ello some bums to kick is someone askin??

not sure if he has actually left the country my spies tell me he is sleeping across three padded seats in the airport lounge?

2 Likes

And so he should be deported. A rule is a rule, no one should have special measures

1 Like

According to the article, the reason for the expulsion had to do with paperwork. He had earlier been granted exemption from the covid-19 vaccination in a blind exemption process where it was not revealed that he was the person applying, so no special treatment was granted.

He’s appealing the process, but it sounds like there’s just a tangle of paperwork.

From a linked article

https://twitter.com/paulsakkal/status/1478836799195664386?s=20

Unfortunately, as history has proved, due to a clerical error in 1787 the First Fleets were loaded with all the good citizens of the UK and all the criminals were left behind.

3 Likes

I think I read he’s in an isolation hotel and his lawyers have launched a legal challenge to the visa decision but he may well be deported before that’s heard

According to this evening’s news he is in Immigration Detention while the court case is heard.

1 Like

I sincerely hope his appeal fails and he is sent packing - I read he’s been told to leave the country today, so I’m keeping my fingers firmly crossed that he’s loaded onto that return plane. Arrogant, entitled tw@t.

5 Likes

Has he given a reason for going unvaxxed?

I don’t think anyone even knows whether or not he has been vaccinated - he’s not saying either way. But he has publicly expressed anti-vax opinions.

as close of business today 5.30pm he is still with us and his case will be heard by the high court on Monday - let’s hope he gets very frustrated over the w/end and just flies out anyway?

1 Like

Some published opinions.

From a former Australian Open tournament director

““He played by the rules, he got his exemption, he’s a nine-time champion, whether people like it or not he’s entitled to fair play. He doesn’t make the rules. He deserves his day on court, not in court in my opinion”— Paul McNamee, who was the Australian Open tournament director for 12 years."

From another tennis player who opted out of the tournament due to the vaccination requirement.

““Just to be crystal clear here. 2 separate medical boards approved his exemption. And politicians are stopping it. Australia doesn’t deserve to host a grand slam.” – two-time quarterfinalist Tennys Sandgren of the United States, who is not playing the Australian Open this year because of the vaccination requirement, on Twitter.”