Noisy neighbours

@Meg , What, did you send some poisened cookies round there ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Jazzi, l donā€™t remember having problems like this in my youth?
Maybe itā€™s the skinny way they build things now ??Plus that people have
changed a lot since the benefit system was introduced ?
I keep out of the pubs when its benefits day !!
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

Hi

Noise is a huge problem for EHOs.

It can be a criminal offence, with unlimited fines.

There is an awful lot of Case Law on this.

Festivals, night clubs etc can get prior approval for noise levels.

It is somewhat complicated, but it does work.

The standard they are measured against was Sandstorm by Darude.

It has all the annoying frequencies in it.

1 Like

Talking of noisy neighbours of which I have on the ground floor of my small block of flats and one in particular a small very young woman has the worst mouth I have ever heard, she has two young kids and does not give a toss. The police have been at her door at least 4 times usually because she has called them after falling out with her male partner.
Such an obnoxious woman who loves to slam door at all hours.

Iā€™m afraid that when it comes to yobs, we are the world leaders!
Perhaps something to do with our lenient sentencing.

@Jazzi You mentioned banging doors a good few posts ago. As you live in a flat, are the internal doors fire rated and spring loaded so they self-close? If so, the only ways you can stop them from banging shut is to unscrew the spring plate from the door jam or by using door stops, both of which, unfortunately, defeat the object of having fire rated doors.

I donā€™t know they are yobs not necessarily criminals perse .
Maybe itā€™s something in the water .

Oh, not all yobs are criminals, at least not in my use of the word. To me, yobs are simply those who have never really been taught by their parents how to behave decently.

That is correct JBR
Perhaps we should do as the Japanese do ( or so I have heard )
The first year of school is devoted solely to manners and behaviour .
Children donā€™t know how to behave because their parents donā€™t know either .
Children can only learn by example .
The circle of misbehaviour has to be broken somehow .

1 Like

All of my tenets have to agree and sign to a strict noise limit and reduce any possible annoyance during what used to known as the silent hours. Any serious breach and they could face eviction!

2 Likes

Have you ever enforced this ?
I notice that noise offenders only make a racket next to harmless people often elderly and living alone .
They donā€™t give burly rugby types any hassle .
In short they are inconsiderate noise bullies .

I came close on one occasion, but a notice of intent to evict worked wonders.

1 Like

An excellent idea. One which should be adopted here as this country is probably the one throughout the world most in need of it, sadly.

1 Like

Another definition of a yob!

The fact is we have what I thought was a feral underclass but itā€™s not just young people
During the pandemic I noticed a lot of rudeness and lack of consideration to others and I hate to say this it was from people in my peer group or the less than young group .
I think itā€™s because there ar e too many of us all crammed together .
We only have to look at our near relatives in the animal world the chimpanzees who are horribly like us .

I donā€™t agree a lot of rugby players are very nice people .
Rugby supporters donā€™t AFAIK vandalise property or beat up opposite team supporters .

Percy, I am no longer in the flats. I left them October 2019. In my own house now. It is the tenants next door. They moved in last year.

It started up a few minutes ago and the bass was quite loud, but it has gone quieter.

1 Like

I didnā€™t mean that rugby players are yobs. Quite the opposite, actually, and one of our good friends was a rugby player in his youth. I was referring to yobs being the sort to concentrate, as you said, on harmless people and the elderly living alone - ā€˜easy targetsā€™ - and not having the balls to do the same to a big burly rugby player!

Comprendo :slight_smile:

I think when I eventually get round to speaking (again) about the music I will ask them (maybe sarcastically) if my book reading disturbs them!