Noisy neighbours

There must be something seriously wrong with the bloke who visits next door.

I lose count of the number of times he (or it could be the tenant, his gf), open the front door, put something in one of the bins, then SLAM the front door. There is always rubbish left out there. She has a car yet chooses, at the moment, to leave a few kitchen chairs outside.

I lose count of the days they all go out in the back garden, kids too, even in cold weather, and just generally make a noise. And play loud music.

It all went horribly wrong when the nice, quiet never there owner sold up and moved back into his family home, after his dad died. And the letting agency, when I complained at the beginning, said she was the best of the rest!!!

I’m too old to move again. And where to? It could be years before they fulfil their dream of her getting pregnant and they move with their joint broods to another and bigger house.

And then there’s the young family the other side, when every afternoon the dad is shouting at the two boys. Sometimes I sit here chuckling. Other times my heart sinks at the disturbance.

I think I must get my middle bedroom emptied and made into a sitting room. It is towards the back. Or move into the attic. Or dig down and make a basement. Yeah!!!

Or wear headphones all day.

1 Like

Oh Jazzi life just isn’t fair.
How about getting a recording of a Rottweiler barking loudly, and then when things get noisy play it at full volume!

1 Like

Jazzi ,you are not to old to move,the noise is not going to get better,
so start looking for somewhere else .
Dont spend the rest of your life listening to other peoples noise …
Make it happen …

1 Like

I’ll second that !
Fortunately, we have brilliant neighbours.

It’s the expense! I can’t be paying out all those fees again. Solicitors, surveyors. And then maybe find it is out of the frying pan into the fire.

A coffee group friend is searching with her daughter, for the D to buy. Even if she offers a fair amount over the bid price, she is unsuccessful. They are getting stressed about it.

As I pointed out, it was good before they moved in. And at the time of my move here, other side was pregnant with her second boy. It all went tits up from then. :rofl::rofl:

No, I am doomed to stay here, with minor modifications. Headphones, maybe. Try and take me and the dog to a caravan or cottage, occasionally.

I’d probably still be miserable back in London…

2 Likes

Have you tries talking to them about the noise Jazzi?

I have about the music, but they still do it. Waiting for the right moment, like if I want to go out there in the warmer weather.

The door slamming, well, that seemed to start up today.

1 Like

Oh @Jazzi that sounds miserable, I do feel for you. We’re lucky with our neighbours, but I’m always aware that things could change any time, as they have done for you. We’re in an end terrace, the house adjoining ours has a couple in their 50s, who are reasonably quiet (except for their ruddy dog, who is very nervous and barks if she hears a pin drop.) When they first moved in, they had 2 teenage boys and a girl away at University. One of the boys played guitar, not ever so well, and would repeat the same boring musical phrases, complete with mistakes, incessantly. Then he (or maybe it was the other one) got an electronic keyboard, groan. Thankfully, though, they’ve now grown up and moved out, so it’s just the dog. The people the other side are in their 70s and are very quiet.

I know how you feel about moving. I feel the same - just the thought of having to go through all that, sorting the house out, getting it up to scratch, then not being able to find anything in our price range. Plus the expense of it all, with the ever present fear that it could all fall through at the last minute. And there’s no guarantee that after all that you’d end up with nice quiet neighbours - unless you camp out for 24 or 48 hours outside your intended purchase to see what the neighbours are really like, haha!!

I think you should have a word with your neighbours - you might be pleasantly surprised. Nothing ventured and all that. Good luck.

1 Like

What? “We’re thinking of buying a house near here. Is this a rough area?”

1 Like

Haha, not sure she’d get away with asking that herself, but she could certainly ask a friend to do it for her. That would be fun!

I think Bath means talking to the noisy ones. Tut. :roll_eyes::grin:

1 Like

Jazzi have you reported it to the council. Environmental Health for both the rubbish left outside and the loud music. Not sure what you mean about the chairs.

What a pain :slightly_frowning_face: if the door slamming has only started today maybe they were having a domestic or something and it will calm down again :crossed_fingers:

Jazzi, I can understand you not wanting to move again, I dont think I could face all the upheaval again now, either.
Its not just the searching, its all the legal stuff, swindling estate agents, fees and expenses, and worst of all to me, would be all the packing and unpacking.

Trouble is, what can you do about these neighbours if you have tried talking to them but they are so pig ignorant and selfish? It seems so wrong when we are just expected to put up with these things, I loathe selfish people.

I cant really suggest anything to help you much, because there seem to be only two choices - stay, or leave.
Perhaps see how it goes for a while longer before you make any decisions, it may even improve, especially if others speak up too. Good luck, whatever you decide.

1 Like

Dear Jazzi I feel deeply for you having experienced it all myself . So sorry :two_hearts:

3 years I had neighbours from hell as most of you know it controlled my every day. They moved and her parents now live there. I keep my head down and stay quiet and well away .

Should the other two ever return or bad ones move in i will move but it will be a retirement home , a one bed flat . I’d never feel safe living in an attached house again just in case I was out of the frying pan into the fire

Hi

No point in moving, you may well get another one when you move.

I feel for you, I really do.

When I got this house, life was good.

Then, next door threw her boyfriend out and moved in the drug dealing, noisy idiot who doesn’t keep things tidy, rubbish left out for weeks, totally inconsiderate.

His mates parking on the grass verge and ripping it up.

He lets the kids run riot and has put laminate flooring everywhere, including the stairs, so very noisy being semi detached.

The kids have chalked all over the front of the house and the Housing Association which own it are useless.

Life is too short to be having to deal with idiots like him.

Thanks for all your replies and messages of support. I just wanted to offload it, get it off my chest. I have to be extremely careful who I moan to here, after someone evilly told the man I had complained about his music on Facebook (Christmas Eve). It had to be one of the neighbours who is also a FB friend of mine. I have my suspicions, the only one I have yet to see to ask. I discovered she too was his FB friend at the time, and was giving their children private tuition. Even had she not been at home she could have still alerted him.

Father of the two boys has also accepted his friend request but I have steadfastly ignored it. He means nothing to me, and I don’t see what I gain by it.

The chairs in the front have now gone. They were from a table and chairs set.

But I have to say, the families down the end of my road are worse. Much, much worse!! With regards to the rubbish in their garden fronts, and their feral kids. These houses don’t have a garden, but a small paved area. One just has planks of wood dumped, filling the area, complete with nails. I am not a snob, but am so glad they are nowhere near me.

1 Like

Jazzi I kept log diary for almost 3 years and sent them to anti social team asmy neighbours had 20 hour raves inside and outside almost weekly . I was told by this team that as they owned the house they could do as they want ! However they did write to them which was ignored . Sadly there are many Ferrell people around. Let’s hope she gets rid of him and stays a single mother. In time the kids will grow . I hope life changes for you .