Noisy neighbours

Nothing remains the same so maybe bite the bullet and transfer to the middle bedroom? I consider my next move would-be to a retirement complex but I AM NOT very good at following rules LOL

1 Like

Do you know what’s annoying me most about them? They open that front door like every half hour, just to put something in one of the bins!! On a day I am next home all the time I am going to start counting. I shall probably surprise myself.

Just.get.a.bin.for.indoors!!!

(Or going out to the car. Or seeing off a visitor. The next noise will be when the man goes home to his place round the corner with his kids, and they’re all talking outside. Holly barks at them.)

I hope you don’t tell her to stop! In fact, I hope you open the windows so they can hear her more.

I have to be mindful of the boys asleep the other side. Mind, the youngest (2) doesn’t mind waking me several times in the night with his crying, lol. He is in the bedroom next to me, and the parents and older boy (4) are on the other side of the stairs,

1 Like

Oh lord you’ve got it from all directions :weary:

This is one of the main reasons why I prefer living in a house. I can’t tolerate noisy neighbours!

I work from home and enjoy my peaceful surroundings. I’m sorry @Jazzi I think you should consider a move to your middle room. :hugs:

Ditto especially as it concerns you enough to post,

@Jazzi

Perhaps you could get some ideas from this informative article.

Of course, the intent is to entice you to use their product. But, look at all the options available to you.

Please let us know how you progress.

:hugs:

Thanks all.

Moving to the middle bedroom would only help at night. I don’t hear the new neighbours then, only the child* the other side when he awakes crying. The biggest issue is during the day. Being retired and with weather so bad we can’t help being at home all day, so bear the brunt of it. It seems neither of the couple work (though it was rumoured the female, who is the actual tenant, did work in our hospital but I never see her go out). I honestly do not know how many children are actually living next door because the man comes round with his, so rather than him staying at his own place he comes round here, every single day, so there are a group of children.

*Those parents both work, but when he is at home with the boys with the mum working he constantly shouts at and chastises the children. They do play him up.

I don’t know what the answer is. As I said, I can’t moan on FB, or to a few of the neighbours I am friends with, as they are friends with that family too. There is only one lady who would be empathetic, as the noisy man used to live next door to her, as a tenant. She said to me, when she recognised he had returned to the road, he played his music loud and you couldn’t believe a word that came out of his mouth. He said the gf was a nurse, when she is nothing of the sort.

They are friendly enough, and I do stop to chat to them, saying hello at all times, but by heavens, they could do with behaving a bit better, and showing consideration. And I DON’T want to start falling out with them, because of the toll it took on me when I lived at the flat.

I just need to offload on here, and get virtual hugs. If that’s okay!

1 Like

Big hug from me.

1 Like

Thank you.

Have a Hug from me too Jazzi , Ive been in the same situation ,so know how it is .

1 Like

Thank you.

And I can’t advertise on Next Door or FB for sound proofing companies because all neighbours will be able to see! I don’t seem to have any privacy on social media, lol.

This sounds like the thread from hell ??
I’m sure l would be done for murder or commit suicide if my neighbours
were like that ??
I don’t know how to advise any of you ladies but you have my sympathy !!
Donkeyman! :-1::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::-1:

Donkey man, I really thought when I lived in the flat that I would get done for assault or murder. I endured years of various tenants, most of whom cared not a jot. The ones who moved in last, and who are still there now afaik, were nicer people, but I could have done without the man coughing and hawking in their bathroom. The sounds were disgusting.

Somebody elsewhere said people were free to live how they liked. I am reluctant to answer that. Because IMO, it should be ‘within reason’.

@Jazzi :hugs:

I would be looking to move to a retirement village or nice quiet little cul de sac.

I would also think of renting not buying.

This is what my friend is currently in the process of doing & she’s older than you Jazzi.

@Jazzi 'Jazzi
Oh Jazzi :icon_sad: I feel so sad for you , after all the effort of moving having to contend with noisy neighbours.

I used to have that problem and it included arguments/out of tune singing/ loud Country and western music from my neighbours husband mostly when she was at work which included nights.

So I took to playing very loud classical music, the 1812 overtures with its guns and cannons was my particular favourite at that time
 :laughing:

5 Likes

continued

one day I apologised to my neighbour for playing my music so loud explaining that I had to play it loud to hear it over her husbands music and I never had a problem again. :laughing:
The husband died and it is very quiet now
 :icon_sad:

4 Likes