No vaccine drop-in clinics at Scotland's largest health boards

Frankly I think this is getting quite ridiculous now.

1 Like

Edinburgh (NHS Lothian)has really been poorly organised when it comes to the vaccine which is why we have one of the lowest vaccine take up rates in Scotland.
Their so called local clinics were not remotely local to vast swathes of the residents. I know of an 84 year old who was asked to go to Haddington which would have been an all day trip by public transport for her.

i think the whole things hasn’t really been organised that well as far as having to travel around to get a vaccine. Again, made worse with GP surgeries not doing them. Here in the west side, our GP’s are not doing flu vaccines either - we were informed of that via text.

But regarding the vaccines themselves, it seems they are concentrating on boosters and flu jags, leaving many people unvaccinated or only having had one jag. They say you can look online and book through the app…but I can’t see many people (like your 84 year old) doing that really…

No word of flu or covid booster jabs in our area yet.

How have things been up North, Scot, as far as being organised goes?

I tried to do it for her and couldn’t the website was very poorly organised, phoned on her behalf but I might have been talking to one of my cat visitors.
I did not get last years flu jab from my GP either I had the pleasure along with many others of queueing outside an annex close to the Hibs ground in the middle of October.

I’m shaking my head in despair at this, its beyond disgraceful on both counts.

I am well used to NHS Lothians failings, there was an independent report on several departments within the health board and one or two were found not fit for purpose. What did NHS Lothian do, shuffle a few managers around and carry on as usual?

Aye, they have to be seen to be doing something, but not spend any money on it :roll_eyes:

At first everything went well. I will be 84 shortly so I got my jags at the local surgery. My wife is 10 years younger so had to go to a centre 10 miles away so not too bad. It is over 6 months since I had my second so I should get my booster soon so I am waiting for a call.

1 Like