Next door - drumming

I often have noise in stereo! I am friends with the young couple and their two boys, on my other side, but the dad has zero consideration. I was recently disturbed at about 6.30am with him bellowing at the children, whilst I was still in bed!! And in the afternoons, especially, when the mum is at work, his shouting gets quite tiresome. Yet I never hear the mum raise her voice,

Just to show you what else I have to put up with. This, every collection day. Overflowing bins for the gulls to attack. Outside my house. Never theirs. Mine. And we don’t have a collection till tomorrow so you can imagine what will happen. I get the sodding mess!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This is anti social behaviour take this picture and see what your local council says .
Why do they put it in front of your house ?
I would be inclined to put it back in front of their house but this will invite confrontation …

Jazzi , how are things , did the child get the drum kit , is she /he drumming ?

Been wondering

Christmas night from 6 pm till 10 pm my neighbours left their dog to bark and alone
Boxing day evening it was again left 5pm till 10.30pm alone and barked non stop desperately stressed . I’ve spoken 3 times to them but they don’t care . I’m logging the times . It bounces through the walls , we are terraced.

So rude and inconsiderate I hope things are quiet for you

Not sure what happened about the drum kit, but I haven’t heard it since that practice day. The loud music, threatened for over Christmas, never materialised either.

And checking this photo, I see that a small extra box has now been added to the pile. Yes I agree it is ASB, but am not sure their managing company would be bothered.

My sister sent me a photo of a massive camper van parked next door. She said at one time it was over her drive! Said it is huge and is also partially blocking the other side. Said cables lead to the garage so reckons guests are sleeping there. Said ‘they are HER NfH!’

Sorry to hear about the dog.

1 Like

I also don’t understand why the bins or rubbish can’t just be parked outside their house! I think because these boulders, the traffic calming measures, take up a parking space, they think it is ok to put it all there, out of the way. I’m the one, though, who suffers the consequences of wind or birds shifting the contents outwards.

It must be horrible for you. I know we are very fortunate but we live in a detached house and can make as much noise as we like …. Not that we do mind you! I could never go back to being semi detached or terraced again.

What I would say is keep on top of this and complain because if you let it slide it will only get worse. I am a firm believer of pinching things in the bud!

I can feel it coming in the air tonight.

1 Like

Those bins …if they annoyed me I would move them back to where they came from !

1 Like

One day, when we all seem to be in the right frame of mind, I might bring it up with them! In the meantime I will keep the photo.

I also noticed that a black bin bag of rubbish had mysteriously made its own way from down the road to just outside here by last night! Don’t know where it is this morning. Maybe someone has added it to the pile next door by the wall. Must have contained lightweight rubbish for it to ‘move’ about 10 houses along, or more.

Are drummers the ones with the bins ? :scream:
If so I wouldn’t hesitate to shove their bin up their alley. ASAP
They obviously don’t care about anyone except themselves.

Yes, one and the same. The bin was emptied yesterday but the boxes remained, as did the bags. When the tenant came home, the bin went back into their front, as did the boxes. The bags, however, remained all over the pavement. One had been torn apart, so you can imagine the mess. Don’t know if they were from there, but they hadn’t made an effort to tidy/move them. I try not to look when I take Holly out because I feel ashamed for them.

And she was the best of the applicants?! Says a lot for the rest of the country, doesn’t it.

2 Likes

You’ve certainly drawn the short straw with your antisocial neighbours.

I certainly have! I only want a quiet life. Why do they follow me about the country?

Makes you wonder doesn’t it? I know a very nice disabled lady in her 40s. She lived in social housing with her partner but her neighbours were very noisy, abusive and watched her every move.

She is a very quiet soul and just put up with it but did tell the housing association what she was going through. When they started throwing stuff at her car she had enough and asked to be transferred. She was allocated a disabled bungalow in the same town some months later and was so happy. The bungalow next door became empty and she was horrified to see her horrible neighbours move in!!! Her anxiety went through the roof and she can’t understand how the HA could do this knowing that there was an ongoing problem.

Rose, good grief. You can’t make that up, can you?

1 Like

Poor lady .

1 Like

Some useless AH a in the council housing dept needs to be called out about this this is horrendous .

1 Like

Exactly what I told her but she says they can hardly move the horrible neighbours out again can they? She is a very private person, very quiet and often in great pain. She said she thought she was having a horrible dream when she saw them arriving. Then she cried non stop for several days. :cry:

I asked her whether she would ask to be moved again but she says she has spent several thousand pounds on new carpets throughout so that isn’t really an option. She is not strong or well enough to fight this. If it was me I would lay it on the line and insist I was moved and reimbursed for the carpets because they have messed up big time!

I think there is no communication at all between different depts at these housing associations.

keep complaining to the environmental heath dept and ask for an inspector to visit. Do this every time until the inspector gets fed up and does something about it