Next door - drumming

Ah yes, you would have thought, eh?

And as for their bins, I have the boulders (traffic calming measures) outside my house so that is where they put the bin for collection. Outside my house, not theirs. So that means when the lid blows open, or the gulls go for the contents, I get the rubbish strewn all over the place, they don’t. Everyone else manages a bin outside their property, even on a narrow pavement, or we keep ours in our back yard, to put out in the alley. Noooooooo, not them!

A truly thoughtful neighbour would have bought an electronic drum kit complete with a good set of headphones. I wouldn’t be without the set we have here.

2 Likes

Yes but these people are a world apart from most others, sadly.

1 Like

Oh Jazzi I am so sorry, I know how much the house move meant to you and all this hassle with neighbours must limit your enjoyment .
My late neighbour uses to play country and western music at all hours, I couldn’t hear the TV the music was so loud from the adjoining wall.

I fished out from the loft and started playing the Tchaikovsky 1812 really loudly whenever the county and western started , the latter was no match for the cannon fire and bells. One day when the neighbour was outside, smiling sweetly I said
"I hope you don’t mind my playing my classical music loudly, I can’t hear it above your music unless I have it turned up loud ".
I never had anymore trouble with his music.

1 Like

Yep I was going to post that, done it in the past, neighbour had a visit from social services, problem solved

Thanks Meg. Yep, could try that. I had loud music going from my stereo this morning, as I finally found the mains cable. A rehearsed answer to a possible comment of mine being loud would be ‘do you have the monopoly on noise?’, or ‘I was worried loud music would suddenly start up from your house so thought I’d get in first’.

But as I said, it’s not his rental, it’s hers. He just treats it as his own. Bet his neighbours breathe a sigh of relief when he makes his way round here. Someone told me his parents left him that house, but it’s almost on the main road, and not a house like mine. Why he can’t sell up and buy them the home of their dreams, so they can all live together, I don’t know.

Hoping they will beggar off after September when they get married. They deserve each other.

Alternatively Jazzi, we could send the Over Fifties hit squad round to put the screws on them…
:boxing_glove:

Yeah…safety in numbers! :laughing:

1 Like

Why are their so many inconsiderate shytes around ?
And they always seem to live next door !

1 Like

In a terrace, inconsiderate shytes seem to exist on a 1 to 2 ratio!

1 Like

Muddy and Spitty, they do seem to be everywhere. A couple of the neighbours here complain of households playing loud music and I hear it myself when walking past. I often mutter ‘if you’re going to play it loud, play something decent!’

There are three young people renting the other side of them but don’t talk to anyone, but I do often wonder what they must think.

1 Like

A couple of years ago neighbours (not close) had issues with people in the flat next door playing loud amplified music at all hours of the day.
Eventually the council installed some kind of sound monitoring device in the long suffering family’s home.
As I remember the noisy beggars were warned that they could face eviction if they didn’t moderate their behaviour.

At risk of stating the obvious it is worth diarising.
I hope it goes well, I know from experience this sort of thing can be incredibly frustrating and wearing.

Jazzi I thought about you at 1am last night when kept awake by noise.
A new house was recently built just down the road from me , it overlooks the churchyard and is very dark and although 6 bedroom and very luxurious it only has a very little garden so not family friendly and didn’t sell for the £1.5 million price tag.

It is now rented out by English Country Cottages and seems to be rented by wild groups of people who shout and sing till all hours in enormous hot tub . No good reporting it to the Environmental Agency because of the temporary rentals.
I lay in bed plotting last night , could I squeeze through the gap in the hedge avoiding the coded gate and put dye in the hot tub :rage:

3 Likes

Meg ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good heavens Meg. Words fail me.

2 Likes

‘Ere, ‘ere’s an idea! Watching Britain Get Singing, someone saying singing is a great stress reliever. I should get a karaoke machine. Maybe invite people round for a group sing along. Yeah!! Can’t complain about that, can they?

3 Likes

I really feel for you. My daughter and her partner live in a flat and within days of them moving in a single mum with 2 small kids moved in below. From Day one she was noisy, couldn’t close a door, had to slam them! Used to shout and swear at the kids all the time but the worst thing was playing extremely loud music. They asked them politely to keep the noise down but she didn’t so the council installed noise monitoring equipment and got the necessary evidence. She was then issued with a Noise Abatement Notice.

A few months later she did a swap with a couple so someone else has ended up with her next door. I don’t know what happens when they have the NA Notice served on them because you would think it moves with them.

My friend a widowed OAP with serious health issues lives next door to a single dad with a small child.
All was well until his new girlfriend moved in with her small child and the noise drives her mad .
There seems to be no boundaries or consideration . We all know small children can be noisy but when the parents the role models are just the same what can anyone do ?

I often have noise in stereo! I am friends with the young couple and their two boys, on my other side, but the dad has zero consideration. I was recently disturbed at about 6.30am with him bellowing at the children, whilst I was still in bed!! And in the afternoons, especially, when the mum is at work, his shouting gets quite tiresome. Yet I never hear the mum raise her voice,

Just to show you what else I have to put up with. This, every collection day. Overflowing bins for the gulls to attack. Outside my house. Never theirs. Mine. And we don’t have a collection till tomorrow so you can imagine what will happen. I get the sodding mess!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: