News that hasn't made the news... makes you wonder? (split thread)

It’s funny you say that as I read today that a chap, Nathan Cole, who went missing 4 weeks ago has been found dead in a London canal.
I vaguely remember it been in the news at the time. He was out for the night, on a Saturday night. Never came home.
Initially there was multiple appeals but they soon died, nothing on the scale of Nicola Bulley … which is a daily avalanche of titbits and speculation on a par with a TV soap.

It makes you wonder what else has been quietly going on while this and the earthquake in Turkey has dominated the news…Has anyone heard about the train crash in Ohio that was deliberately destroyed (for safety reasons) releasing masses of toxic fumes poisoning the atmosphere for hundreds of miles?

Nope … can’t say I can recall that one at all.
I take your point.

The media have a lot to answer for … they tend to force feed what they want us to know, or rather should I say, dumb down what they do NOT want us to know.

2 Likes

Am on an American forum and have been following the train crash and the aftermath.

It has not been reported by the main stream media a lot except Fox.

(4) Tucker: This is a disaster - YouTube

2 Likes

Fox news doesn’t even believe what they themselves are saying. They cater to a demographic that even they don’t believe.

This is not the first issue I’ve seen of this. It’s the one going to court at the moment. Tucker Carlson has always maintained that he backs the company that butters his bread.

Makes you wonder … this missing girl was mentioned a day after she went missing, and that was it, was never mentioned again for a week until yesterday … Nicola Bulley , the Turkish earthquake, Epstein’s suicide (alleged) and Gary Glitter were all judged more newsworthy.

And I had to google it to see if there was anymore news about her.

1 Like

(4) Tucker Lying To Us This Whole Time? New Court Documents Reveal His Private Text Messages - YouTube

LOL

Sadly, Mariama is one of many:

Missing people: of the 170,000 people reported missing every year, nearly 98,000 are adults and more than 70,000 are children

Missing incidents: of the 353,000 reported incidents every year, more than 137,000 incidents are adults and almost 215,000 incidents are children

Yup, that guy is certainly Fox News demographic. He sells “I :heart: white people” merch. without a glimmer of irony.

His logic is terrible. The idea that voting machines can be hacked is different from proving that voting machines were hacked in that election. If they were, the multiple lawsuits would have proven it. Except for a handful of exceptions, all were proven to be valid.

He showed those quotes as though he was proving something. They were completely unrelated to the issue.

I know … .I was gobsmacked when I first realised just how many people are reported missing … in this day and age you wouldn’t think it would be possible to just vanish.

Something else you won’t see in the MSM…

Oxford

Didn’t see this on the beeb…

And this…

What’s going on?

I started half listening a while ago, not sure if I have benefitted from doing so.

The Italian incident was, apparently, in a sausage factory:

and the Chinese incident, seemingly, was in a rubber factory:

https://bnn.network/world/china/massive-explosion-destroys-chemical-plant-in-chinas-dongguan/

Neither received much worldwide coverage, probably because such incidents are commonplace:

In the UK:

Fire Safety Facts and Statistics UK | First Mats Guide.

There are around 22,000 workplace fires every year in the United Kingdom or around 423 every week on average.

In the USA:

https://www.mcrsafety.com/en/ppe/flame-resistant-protection/frc/knowledge-center/workplace-stats#:~:text=OSHA%20reports%20that%20there%20are,injured%20by%20workplace%20fires%20annually.

OSHA reports that there are more than 200 workplace fires per day (73,000 per year), with more than 5,000 people injured by workplace fires annually.

Nevertheless, the BBC does report some incidents in Italy, including this one, dated 7 September 2022:

and in China, including this one, dated 22 November 2022:

Yes I saw that on Twitter and also on LBC.

The first report on the BBC website was dated 4th February:

with further reports on the 6th and 7th and an extensive article on the16th:

You know something this is a pretty interesting thread with quite a few titbits of less mainstream news.

There does seem to be an attempt to make us believe they are commonplace and not that important though Morty. There is no escaping the fact that all the fires described on this thread have released dangerous toxic fumes into the atmosphere impacting hundreds, if not thousands of people at a time when we are trying to achieve the opposite.

1 Like

He came up on my hometown Facebook page and was found not far from there. So I have been following his disappearance with interest, where it was shown.

I’ve only just twigged … seriously, there is a town called East Palestine in Ohio. :rofl: