News reports in the queens death

I wish I’d recorded it all, so I could binge watch it from time to time.

What’s all the fuss…?
There haven’t been any comedy programmes on the BBC for twenty years…

3 Likes

Lots of bus stop shelters around here had the Queen’s picture on them, taking up one whole, long panel.
I saw them displayed at 10.30am, so someone must’ve been putting them up in the early hours!

1 Like

Wish I’d known (sometimes I can’t sleep) … I’d have darted around with a paste brush and poster for double time

1 Like

It was in the area of the shelter where they advertise new films! I couldn’t believe it was put up so quick!

Quoting Pixie from another thread:

Pixie’s not far off!

The coverage is basically psyops - at a time where the natural feeling of enough’s enough would understandably be high, of “Ok, your dynasty has reigned and profited long enough - thank you but no thank you we can take it from here!” the constant fawning is designed to make you think that what’s on TV is the totally natural way to feel. But it is not.

Natural human behaviour favours people who are fair and those that share what they have. Not those that squander wealth and power.

In any doubt? Read Civilized to Death by Christopher Ryan - it’ll give you a fantastic insight into natural human and societal behaviour, not the BS that those seeking to control and profit want everyone to believe :wink:

Azz…So you won’t be travelling to London for the funeral then?

1 Like

Do you really believe that?
We’re talking about a death here, not the swanky hierarchy of celebs who strut about on a daily basis.
Death is kind of a great leveller don’t you think.
I don’t really see all the media about the Queen’s death as a load of BS either.

But each to their own.

PS. You seem to have a book to recommend for every eventuality Azz. Your bookcase must make for some interesting, but selective, reading.

I wish I’d thought to just say that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Surely, there should be some sort of representation from the Over50’schat forum at the funeral? It would be great publicity for the forum… to be seen worldwide.
The membership would escalate… we’d be the talk of the world! :laughing:

1 Like

And then they see threads like this :043:

1 Like

Yes and the threads will make them laugh and help spread happiness around the world! :laughing:

1 Like

If anyone needs cheering up…

:lol:

1 Like

Yes, she’s very funny at first until she becomes like a laughing hyena, or the Laughing Policeman that you saw in a glass case in some amusement arcade years ago!

I remember them - they scared me witless!

1 Like

Fortunately only the $5 note and coins have the Monarch’s head on them. Charles will be facing left on the coins, not that many people use them nowadays.

2 Likes

Goodness, that’s going back a bit.
Those wibbly wobbly hall of mirrors at Blackpool used to frighten me … made me look fearsome and fat.

3 Likes

Azz… Tell me… if you had been nominated for a knighthood from the Queen, for your services to Social Media/Forums etc, would you have accepted it?

Said nicely…

Oh Miss …Miss … can I answer that one! :smiley:

1 Like

Only, if Azz asks the audience, or phones a friend?

1 Like