New Year Honours: Whitty, Van-Tam and Blair knighted, Lumley and Redgrave made dames

Did the taxi driver David Perry get any recognition for his actions outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital?

Yes he did in protest of Biafra and Vietnam .
No body cared if he did or not .

Probably too recent . Anyone can recommend anyone else for an honour but I think they have to do it in good time .

Not that I am aware of, but he deserves some state official recognition👍

Maybe a few more care this time.

More than 10,000 sign petition calling for Tony Blair to lose knighthood (msn.com)

Where do I sign? I can’t see anything on that site.

1 Like

I wont be signing any such petition and Queenie wont care or even notice.

That photo though…:joy:

Yes :grin:

Thanks. Signed.

Thanks signed as well.

Over100k sigs already.

It’s not going to happen.
Personaly I don’t think being a knight of the garter ( the Queens personal bequest ) is that much to write home about . She has bestowed it on her own family including her non sweaty liar of a son and her adulterous daughter in law .
Great company .

My thanks; I’ve signed and donated to the expense fund + shared the link :+1:

1 Like

I can’t believe Jenni Harries *’‘Chief Executive of the UK Health Security Agency *
Head of NHS Test and Trace’’ has been given anything more than a kick up the behind. Her assertion in one of the press conferences that the wearing of face masks was ineffective and the current lack of adequate testing are just 2 examples of her lack of common sense and inefficiencies.

Hopefully she will get her dues when there is a public enquiry into the handling of C19 and those with inappropriate rushed through honours will be highlighted.

I’m pretty sure that after the Queen is dead, and presumably Charlie-boy takes over, the Royal Family will receive far less interest from the general public.
They can all then continue to shower themselves and their ‘acolytes’ with all the ‘honours’ they like. I think that most of us won’t take much notice any more. They will become more like the Royals of other European countries: far less in the public eye.

I agree. But don’t you find that, lately, there seems to be less and less practical expertise in this country? Not just politicians, but their advisors and those in charge of national organisations in general. I wonder why this is happening.

I can only assume that the Queen has chosen to make Blair a Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter because she found his obsequiousness entertaining at their Tuesday meetings and that he was less boring than the other PMs :grinning:

Don’t tell me that the Queen’s going doolally.

@JBR I commented on that in a recent post.
We seem to be living in a world where common sense has been sacrificed on the alter of so called ‘intelligence’…

1 Like

@JBR …possibly bored with having to sit and listen to a constant stream of PMs in then name of duty and maybe a little mischievous… :grinning:

1 Like