New Queen of England

It was inevitable she would be Queen as she will be the wife of the king .
That is if Charles ever gets to be King .
The Queen might outlive him .

3 Likes

If Charles became king within the next 3 or 4 years Camilla would be Queen Consort of Scotland and the rest of the UK as well, not only England. I don’t mind Camilla. I was never keen on Diana, she was far too smart for Charles.

2 Likes

Before Cami gets on the throne I think they ought to sort this one out.

A guy who claims he’s Charles and Camilla’s son.
Never heard of him before.

1 Like

Anyone who breaks up a marriage is the scum of the earth in my book

1 Like

And how many names do you have in this book? :thinking:

if one does not intend to keep their wedding vows then they should not get married

1 Like

I think most people do intend to keep them at the time.

4 Likes

Queen of England?

1 Like

Too true, Morty. I understand Brits cherished the royal family for centuries, but the facade has fallen to reveal yet another normally flawed family.

1 Like

Chillie, I could easily answer this, as you know what we Americans have tagged as the throne, don’t you? Andrew has had his nose in many areas close to this many times. :laughing:

1 Like

I believe when we marry we all intend to keep them. And then life happens…

1 Like

Considering that Saint Di was having affairs also, they’re both culpable in the breakup of the marriage.

Personally, I think that Camilla has done an excellent job, what with her charity work and loyalty to Prince Charles - she’s a valuable and popular member of the royal family and the Queen in particular.

10 Likes

I always expected Camilla to be called “Queen Camilla” when Charles becomes King, despite what they originally said when they first got married.
I think that was just a sop to the members of the public who felt strongly against him marrying Camilla.
I could see why Camilla may not wish to use her correct title of Princess of Wales because Diana had been the first Princess of Wales - that would have put the cat among the pigeons - but when Charles is the King, I can’t see why his wife shouldn’t use the title that all other Queen Consorts have had in the past.

I smiled at the news article saying The Queen has “redefined the future of the monarchy” - it sounds to me more like she has just confirmed that things will remain on the same traditional course regarding the courtesy title of the King’s wife - the last King’s wife was a Queen Consort and the next King’s wife will be too. No change there.
A wise move to get the Queen to approve it now instead of leaving it to Charles to announce it on his accession.

I dare say if we still have a monarchy when it comes to William’s turn to be King, tradition will continue and his wife will be a Queen Consort too - It’s a while since we had a Queen Consort called Queen Catherine.

I don’t think we’ve ever had a Queen Camilla before, have we?

1 Like

Judd you are joking what work has she ever done ?
She’s loyal alright loyal to the wrong man !
but that is all water under the bridge now.
She’s not valuable or popular and the Queen like many old people has to make the best of it and probably is past caring .
As I am not a royalist I can’t see what all the fuss is about who cares ?
What does support actually mean ?
Bet she never washes his socks :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be fair, Diana was committed to marriage to Charles until she found out about his long standing affair with Camilla. That realization would put any young woman in a saddened and unhappy state.

2 Likes

Yes too true :joy:

1 Like

Judd, l was so pleased to see your post as l totally agree with you.
Camilla does great work for charity. She joins in the fun with the people she meets and l have never heard her complain.

Charles and Diana obviously weren’t meant for each, just like millions of other marriages that don’t work. People change, people fall out of love.
Why shouldn’t two people who love each other not be together instead of staying in a relationship where they hate and despise each other.

3 Likes

If Charles had not gone behind Di’s back and started playing around with another woman I think they would still be together. I have a very low opinion of Charles anyway to me it seems as if he has a screw loose , My image of him is dancing through a field of daffodils holding one in his mouth or talking to the flowers.

1 Like

@Artangel …isn’t it more accurate to say Charles could never marry her as she was a Roman Catholic and already married.
He never intended to dump his mistress. He was an adulterer.

But Di couldn’t possibly have been as naive as to not know of her competitions existence and suspected she’d never be more than a figurehead and so went off, eventually,and had her own affairs.

None of them …Charles, Cami or Di come out of it very well.

I suspect it boils down to if someone likes the royal family they’ll accept them warts and all, and alleged sex abusers and adulterers and still idolise them as some kind of asset to the kingdom.
I don’t believe any of them understand what sincerity or humility actually is.

2 Likes

…says the biggest flirt (harmless) on here! :laughing: