New Member from Texas

I watched an episode of Dallas once.

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

That’s a lot of pressure as I’m hardly a representative Texan. I don’t even own a gun. (Don’t tell anyone…)

5 Likes

Only one episode??
I was addicted, I wouldn’t miss an episode for the world!!
I nearly bought one of those t-shirts with “Who shot J. R.?” printed on them. :rofl:

3 Likes

Hang In Here Jim. We watched so many series of >>
We even have a Anglo Texas Drawl. And wear “Bluebonnets”, :wink: :wink: Enjoy Buddy.

2 Likes

OK, didn’t like to admit it, but, come to think of it, it may have been more than one episode.

Who shot JR anyway?

2 Likes

Oh, I remember very well. It was one of his mistresses - Christine(or Kristen??), his wife Sue Ellen’s sister. :open_mouth: :face_with_peeking_eye: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

A Texan Robin ?
I do apologize…:grinning:

1 Like

My initials are JR.It was an amusing time for those who knew… but not for me.

4 Likes

Been here for over 33 years. Not born here.
Retired from Fort Hood in 1999 and decided to stay.

4 Likes

Howdy from Houston, Tx. Welcome to the board!

1 Like

Hi Jim:

Welcome. I’m from the USA. I’ve driven through the Texas panhandle on my way to Arizona a long time ago.

I’ve never been to the Panhandle. I live way at the other end, on the Gulf Coast, north of the Mexican border.

Now that sounds like something people might like to hear about!

2 Likes

Precisely so.

I was 19 years old and took a Trailways bus from NYC to Phoenix. One of the stops was the Texas panhandle. Everyone wore western clothing. I dropped my wallet without realizing it, and someone returned it to me, with all my money intact.

1 Like

That’s kinda a Texas thing. We might be rednecks but we’re appalled by the idea of someone losing their hard earned money.

3 Likes

My father-in-law spent six months in S. Antonio while he was in the Italian Air Force, during his twenties, he had been sent there on a special mission. He often talks about his time there, has very fond memories, very proud of having had that experience.

Been to California a few times.

That’s funny. I spent three years in Italy when I was in the navy.

2 Likes

Yes, a coincidence, three years is quite a long time, you probably learned the language, may I ask in which part of Italy?