New Member from Texas

Yes, a coincidence, three years is quite a long time, you probably learned the language, may I ask in which part of Italy?

A small town north of Napoli called Gaeta. I remember how to ask for a beer…

3 Likes

That’s a lovely seaside resort, went there once on a family day trip, not for the beach but to visit the town and walk along the seafront. A couple of hours away from us.

What else would you need to learn Tex…
:laughing:

Where’s the Toilet is always useful!

1 Like

Its essential not useful.

2 Likes

no cause I see the Frenchies will hang out anywhere…lol

1 Like

Two beers, and my friend will pay?

1 Like

And this is a bit of Texas

1 Like

Would that be ‘Saturn’ by any chance Besoeker?

Hi Foxy

I’m sorry about this - I don’t know which one it is.

1 Like

No worries Bes, I’ve got a picture of the Saturn on one of my slides I took at the Kennedy Space Centre, I’ll see if I can find it and post to compare…
:+1:

1 Like

Is it a Saturn V by any chance?
Stalwart of the Apollo missions.
In the background a command module with the escape rocket in place…

1 Like

I reckon you’re right Chilli.
Wasn’t it the biggest rocket that NASA ever put into space?

1 Like

Certainly huge !

I believe so Foxy. I did some reading up on the subject a few years back, a truly staggering subject. The amount of thrust required by the Saturn V to escape the earth’s atmosphere. The trouble is I have a head like a sieve when it comes to technical matters and figures. I think I might need to do a little revision :+1:

1 Like

Massive amount of thrust from the Saturn rocket - but less than half of the current super heavy lifter thrust. Technology moves on in, what, 60 years.

2 Likes

How very true!
Although for those that remember the Apollo missions those rockets really captured the public imagination.
Different times of course, Elon Musk just doesn’t cut it by comparison :wink:

Indeed, nor are the current astronauts the foolhardy/brave “spam in a can” of old.

A spam can with a generous helping of phenolic epoxy resin on the bottom :wink:

1 Like