New King, New Year - His Christmas Message

He might have been trying to check his validity for a free meal!

He didn’t exactly say that thought did he ?
He was just trying to show some interest which seems to be outlawed today and it’s catching .
I asked a man ( an assistant in B and Q ) where he came from the other day as he had a definite accent and immediately said I’m sorry I shouldn’t have asked you . He laughed and said he didn’t mind a bit and he was from Newcastle ! Sorry Georgies !
What I would like to see would be Prince Andrew sweating ( or not sweating as the case may be ) in a homeless shelter . Doing a real job for a change and showing a bit of repentance . Not for associating with dubious characters but for being a total embarrassment and useless incumbent to the British people for the majority of his life !

I made a conscious decision not to tune in to King Charles darling mama Christmas message .
Christmases past I did like to watch to see what clothes and jewels the queen would be wearing as she delivered her message.

However King Charles face looming in Christmas Day 

No !

Richie Sunak dishing out in a soup kitchen made me want to vomit.
His money could solve everyone’s crisis.

Please don’t be offended I don’t expect anyone to agree with me

This is a man so removed from the everyday world that he appears to get a kick from role-playing service-sector jobs. In 2020, he impersonated a waiter at Wagamama to promote his ill-fated (and fatal) “eat out to help out” scheme after lockdown. Now he’s serving a full English with a smile. What began as a publicity stunt is beginning to look dangerously like a fetish. And there he was last Friday in front of the cameras, serving breakfast to the down and out when Dean appeared.

wiki says rishi was a waiter at a curry house in Southampton during his school summer holidays. good for him. and I remember that wagamama episode. He is good at it.

Even his money couldn’t solve everyone’s crisis but I agree large donations would help and not just Richie Sunak.
There are many mega rich families in the U.K. starring with our own Royal Family .
I did watch the Kings Speech just to see the New King saying it and it was mercifully short .
But it’s no use just sympathetic words ( which are I’m afraid meaningless from a man who will never suffer hardship in any way ) he has to act and not only act but be seen to act .
He could build some houses for a start .
Call them what you like arms houses / King Charles own and help the housing crisis .
He has a massive property portfolio and ir numeral houses as does Richie Sunak .
Build some more for people to live in .
Do not give them to the local councils ( once in council hands they will be sold off )
Make them some sort of foundation .
He could do it .

At least he is getting out there with the people .

As you say Sunak money if not solve the house housing /food/heating crisis it could make difference
 Especially if Charles with all his sympathy chipped in.
What’s Needed is a bit more actions speak louder than words

2 Likes

I agree.If they cared at all, they would do something
the fact they are not really doing much apart from being condescending patronising wafflers shows they couldn’t really give a monkeys.

2 Likes

Yes but it’s a bit much to expect palatial mansions to be offered up .
Homeless people are not known for looking after peoples property .
Do you count homeless people as plebs ?
Plebs are us ,the hoi polloi the tax payers !
Homeless people are not even on the radar .
Most taxpayers are struggling to keep their end up and many are suffering compassion fatigue.
So while Richie offering his town house up to the homeless would be a nice gesture it wouldn’t make me vote conservative.

1 Like

These are strange times, whilst laid up on the sofa, I’ve been watching a fair bit of the “Yesterday” channel, on which, most ad breaks are occupied by very valid requests for charitable donations to worthy causes, but, I just grind to a halt in dilemma. I spent the time trying to workout how much it would cost a month to give the minimum ask to each of them and i bet some folks do.

You sound as though homeless people are a separate entity? There are lots of people who have a roof over their heads, who also don’t pay tax :wink:

1 Like

not half as embarrassing as Boris’s hi-viz fetish.

I don’t believe it has to down to housing the homeless in palatial residences.
However The Duchy of Cornwall has vast stretches of land, a small part of which could be offered up for housing as indeed was the private estate now known as Poundbury a successful build on Duchy of Cornwall land .

The Crown estate is not the kings to give away .Pound bury has very expensive houses for sale but also does have some social housing run by the Guinness trust . I don’t know that King Charles actually has paid for them to be built i very much doubt it .

In fact most homeless people do have a roof over their heads . People who actually live on the street are special cases and many have drug or mental issues .

Except that they don’t want £5 as in just give £5
They want you to sign up to ÂŁ5 a month .
Which is ok but you can’t give to everyone .

http://www.katherinejones.co.uk/the-weird-world-that-is-poundbury

Poundbury built Duchy of Cornwall’s land is mix of private and affordable housing. You’re quite right in saying Charles didn’t pay for the houses to be built .

Wouldn’t it be a good idea if gifts given to HRH’s were sold and the money raised put to good use .
Instead of unloved unwanted unseen .

https://www.pwcf.org.uk/other-prince-of-wales-core-charities

The former Prince of Wales’s core charities alongside PWCF are:

The Prince’s Trust

Prince’s Trust believes that every young person should have the chance to embrace exciting opportunities. The Trust helps and empowers 11 to 30 year-olds to find the tools and confidence to try free courses and start careers. Find out more at princes-trust.org.uk

The Prince’s Foundation

Inspired by the former Prince of Wales’s vision of creating harmonious communities, The Prince’s Foundation focuses on supporting people to make the most of their community. Whether through building sustainable housing or regenerating neighbourhoods, developing family attractions or teaching traditional arts and skills.

Visit princes-foundation.org for more information on the work of the Foundation.

The former Prince of Wales is also Patron or President of more than 400 organisations and carries out dozens of engagements every year in support of his core charities and patronages.