New House New Project

How exciting, Summer, have you designed the kitchen yourself?

1 Like

great news, keep the progress with photos so you can look back on how it went, photographing the wiring and pipework is a good idea for future reference so you know the runs used and where they are

2 Likes

Goodness, Summer. You don’t do things by half do you. :grinning:

Turmoil for a while I should think, but worth it eventually when you have a lovely new kitchen.

1 Like

How very exciting! Yes, it’ll take a long time, but how marvellous it’ll be to have the extra space. Look forward to following the progress.

1 Like

Exciting time for you, Summer!

I hope all things run smoothly for you….

1 Like

Wow, Summer. That looks like a lot of work to be done there. Good luck with it all.

1 Like

Yes tabs I have designed the kitchen myself…I dare not order the units yet though as I want to see the area to be sure I’m making the best of the space…its one thing seeing it on a paper plan I need to see the space for real…also planned the bedroom which is above the kitchen…its a two storey extension…I’ll see if I can upload the plans later.

1 Like

Good idea RS…I’ll do that …they already moved the consumer unit but its in a temporary position as that wall is coming down…nothing is ever simple is it.

The build so far … Stonework as requested by Barry

It will look better when its washed down… this matches the main house

Build1

Not much to see yet but its getting there but no builders here for a few days as they are rugby fans and have gone to London for the Challenge Cup final… roll on monday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The build is coming along …slowly.

Rain tends to stop play along with the Challenge Cup and important football matches :frowning: the chaps are always honest with me though so I don’t feel abandoned…the scaffolding is going up on Monday…

Here is another picture of the stonework…this cobble effect is common to the area and a condition of the planning consent

4 Likes

Looks amazing

1 Like

Looks like they are doing a decent job Julia, :+1: that stonework is much more difficult than it sometimes looks… 👷‍♂

1 Like

I love the Stone work Summer , it gives it a Rustic effect like its been there for ever , I should imagine its a lot more insulating than ordinary Bricks

1 Like

Looking good Summer :slightly_smiling_face: I bet you can’t wait to have it all finished…

1 Like

It looks well Summer and not unlike my local Sussex Flint construction. The main difference being is the smaller flint stones and brick edging to corners and openings used in Sussex. Your finished job should look ace :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

It’s looking good Summer… :grinning:

1 Like

Thought I would update on progress.

It all seems to be going to plan apart from a couple of floods when we had lots of rain a few weeks back…its a bit like living in a tent because a large part of the house is covered with tarpaulin…today they are installing the rafters for the upstairs floors…can’t wait :slight_smile:

Thought I would show you this piccy of one of the bathrooms …thankfully that suite has now gone…and the sliding roof will go later today…yay!!

4 Likes

Woke up to a flooded hallway…hope it stops raining soon

2 Likes

Ouch - not a pretty sight!

1 Like

should be done by christmas.

:crazy_face:

1 Like