New Experiences

When we are young, life is full of “new experiences” and doing something for the first time can often be fun and a bit of an adventure.
I like to keep trying new things as I’ve got older, whether it’s a “once in a lifetime” experience or taking up a new hobby, taking a further education course, or maybe visiting somewhere I’ve never been before.

With all the lockdowns and social distancing plus my own “long Covid”, I haven’t been very adventurous lately, so it’s been a while since I did something I’ve never done before.

Raising this thread is a “new experience” for me, as it’s the first time I’ve posted a new thread on OFF.

Before that, I think my last “new experience” was a trip to Bath last Autumn - not the most exciting adventure but it was interesting - and it was my first “post-Covid” air flight and the first time I have visited Bath.

Now that Spring is in the air, I’m hoping to be a bit more adventurous this year.

What was the last thing you did for the first time?

Have you any “new experience” stories you’d like to share?
I’d love to hear them, serious or funny.

5 Likes

I’m going out for a coffee ,with the pastors wife, from our church, also joining their bible study for the first time,:+1::+1:

2 Likes

I hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Good job on the new thread, it’s not as bad as you think it’s going to be, is it?

My last really new experience was the summer before Covid when I tried paddle boarding! Loved it :surfing_woman:

2 Likes

Great to see this new experience of you starting a new thread,Boot.

I hope this will be the first of many to come!..:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you.

Paddle boarding is great fun, isn’t it?
I’ve only done it around the shores of Greece, so didn’t mind falling in the warm sea a few times!
My eldest sis tried it for the first time last year on a river in UK - her grandchildren took her for a picnic by the river on her 75th birthday and took their paddle boards to teach Granny how to do it - she tells me she enjoyed it - and didn’t fall in once! :+1:

1 Like

Great Start Boot!

Having new experiences make life more fun!

I’m going to try one, to see how it goes!

:muscle: :fire: :sleeping_bed:

1 Like

All power to your elbow, Ted. :grinning:

A good thread Boot… :+1:
I had to stop running last year, but my love of the wild places led me to start a new hobby that would still fill my appetite for trips out into the country. I decided to start ‘Trig Point Bagging’ as an outdoor person yourself I don’t think I need to explain what a trig point is.
I managed to collect about 21 last year and found it so exciting, visiting many out of the way places and always with a spectacular view. I’ve already made a list of some of the trigs I intend to visit as soon as the weather gets better. I’m a bit of a fair weather walker since I retired.
:walking_man:

2 Likes

Experience the loud noised emitted from a MRI scanner as a patient being scanned. Now I fully understand why they fit each patent with ear defenders. MRI scanners can reach peak sound pressure levels of 125.7 to 130.7 dB and have an average equivalent intensity of 110 to 115 dB (twas in the leaflet) which as a patient new to the machine, was a tad alarming.

2 Likes

@LongDriver , Yeah, l compare it to being inside a submarine that is being
depth charged ?
I have survived 3 of those attacks so far !!
My latest new experience is struggling to get me ‘long johns’ off ??
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

4 Likes

I think I’d find it a tad alarming too. I hope the scan helped to diagnose the issue and get it successfully treated. :hugs:

2 Likes

You don’t want to be taking those long johns off yet awhile - I know the Spring flowers are blooming but remember the old wives tale -
ne’er cast a clout til May is out! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks.

Trig bagging sounds a great motivator to get out and about to explore new areas.
I’ve never thought of it before but when you think of the wonderful views there is from most trig points - and I’m nearly always tempted to take a few photos when I reach one - I can see why trig bagging is a growing activity.

I’ve got a bit lazy about exploring new walking routes for days out from home. I tend to take the same favourite walks in the same areas of hills, dales and moorland - maybe a bit of trig bagging would get me exploring new places.
Thanks for the idea! :+1:

2 Likes

Twas to check my brain just in case my pulsatile tinnitus had another cause other than vestibular blood vessels. Luckily for me, nothing unexpected was found. Pulsatile tinnitus can have sinister causes, but for me it was run of the mill; completely incurable, but run of the mill.

3 Likes

So change them more frequently!! Leaving them on until they become one with the skin is a tad niffy :astonished::point_right::wink::+1::grin:

4 Likes

@LongDriver , Oooer! Zat wot it is??
No wonder nobody cums round anymore !!
Donkeyman! :-1::-1:

2 Likes

You might want to adjust your spelling there Donks :astonished::point_right::wink::grin:

1 Like

I had plenty of new experiences when V and I got together. :wink: :wink:

1 Like

@Percy_Vere , We are talking NEW experiences here Percy !!
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: