New Computer time - any suggestions?

Thanks

Sounds a rip off!

The new PC has arrived, not plugged it in yet. Just looked at System Storage on current/old PC

Will be interesting to see what the new one, Storage, looks like.

download Belarc Adviser that will tell you all about your computer and it is free
if windows comes pre installed it will even give the Windows serial number as in this screen shot, See under software licences heading. You won’t find a better computer interrogation program, I have used it for many years

link

Always best to have the windows serial number incase of computer crash etc, pre installed windows may not have that information

1 Like

7.90 GB of Temporary files is, IMO, excessive.

On my desktop, Drive C: has 33 MB of Temporary files.

You should consider using a cleaner on your old PC if you’re going to use a “copy” mechanism.

You should use a cleaner on your new PC to prevent that sort of “build-up”.

When I click on Temporary Files, an interesting list appears, and it tells you which are safe to remove. :icon_cool:

I think you could probably delete most of them - what is the total size that Windows says can be deleted?

I’m not at home with that PC at mo. But half of that 7.90GB is in the Download folder, plus there’s GBs in the recycle bin. That covers most of it, and both those destinations are not automatically included in what’s safe to remove without first checking.

1 Like

Fair enough … :+1:

My Downloads folder is retained on my Drive D: (SATA) for the latest version of Apps only and is 2.34 GB.

My Recycle Bin is emptied every day.

Nevertheless, my cleaners always find work to do … mostly internet traces … :grinning:

1 Like

12,745 pics copied to external HHD.

I wouldn’t cry if something went wrong, the pick of the bunch is in the clouds.

A 60s photographer (her name escapes me) was asked, what’s your best photo?
But I haven’t taken it yet.

or it went something like that.

I haven’t taken my best photo yet. :icon_cool:

1 Like

Before you buy from CurrysPCWorld, it might be helpful if you take peekies at this…

Blimey … a catalogue of disasters.

I’ve already bought from Currys (they’re called now). Delivered but not plugged in yet.

:017: