New cat in Parliament

I’m such a sucker for a cat story :rofl::smiley_cat::cat2:

The speaker has introduced his new cat to the Houses of Parliament and say what you like about Sir Lindsay, he must be OK because look, that’s a genuine “I love you” cat kiss!

https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/20/parliament-has-a-new-cat-and-hes-called-attlee-16860394/amp/

What a lovely little cat, his name’s Attlee and he’s got his own Instagram page!

4 Likes

@Maree ,.At least he’s not a ‘fat cat’ Maree ??
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::+1:

• List item
1 Like

Another great photo:

I wondered where the cat lived. Apparently, Sir Lindsay lives in Adlington, Lancashire. As Speaker of the House of Commons he has an official residence at Speaker’s House, at the northeast corner of the Palace of Westminster, which is used for official functions and meetings and which has private accommodation in a four-bedroom apartment upstairs.

So, I guess, Attlee normally lives in the apartment but does he get taken to Adlington at the weekends/during recess?

3 Likes

And how does he stop the little fella from jumping down and running about…:cat2: :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Attlee is very pretty. Is he a ‘Ragdoll’ Tabby breed.

I wonder who feeds him and if he gets fresh salmon?

1 Like

purrsonally I think he should be at home :cat2:

2 Likes

Hoyle posted the announcement alongside a picture of him sat in the Speaker’s chair, holding the four-month-old Maine Coon. Attlee replaces Patrick, a fellow Maine Coon, who was named after Conservative peer Patrick McCormack.

Maine Coon cats are usually massive! Well, the two l know are, and have big fluffy tails.

1 Like

Hes a kitten, Arty, only 4 months old apparently

“The Chorley MP is a well-known animal lover, naming some of them after political figures.
He has a parrot called Boris, a tortoise named Maggie and, like Attlee, his dog Gordon was named in honour of a former Labour prime minister.”

1 Like

Apparently, at 4 Months, males weigh 2.9 – 3.8 kg (6.39 – 8.37 lb)

and some do, indeed look like Attlee:

but innocent owners beware:

The average weight of a Maine Coon cat varies from 8-25 lbs. The larger Maine Coons tend to be males, with a weight ranging from 15-25 lbs (6.8 – 11.3 kg). The average female Maine Coon weighs between 8-12 lbs (3.6-5.4 kg). A Maine Coon cat’s weight is dependent upon their gender, genetics, and whether they are a purebred Maine Coon, or have a mixed lineage.

Adults are big and they are heavy … :open_mouth:

:cat2: :cat:

1 Like

Aw, look, sat in a policeman’s helmet……I hope he didn’t think litter tray :rofl:

3 Likes

Sounds about right! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

I wonder if Sir Lindsay will get another pet to be company for Attlee and call it …Abbott?

1 Like

How cute is that cat :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was Patrick:

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Priti would be a nice name for a cat :kissing_cat:

I’ve always thought Priti Patels face is quite feline looking

Well … I hope that lot in parliament look after the cat better than they do the rest of us!

1 Like

Maine Coon cats are just gorgeous they have such personality …they love being picked up and carried about …I miss Sox my cat so much she was Maine Coon… I lost her late last year…I think about her every day :frowning:

1 Like

It hurts so much, doesn’t it? :frowning: Hugs to you xxxx

1 Like