New cat in Parliament

Thankyou Maree

1 Like

How many cats does the man have ?

1 Like

I think he’s more likely to get too much attention

Do you remember Palmerston the Foreign Office cat who got fat and stressed by his lifestyle? He had to retire eventually but before that they had to introduce the Palmerston Protocols!

The Palmerston Protocols are:

(1) no-one other than my carers should feed me - especially no treats!

(2) everyone should respect my personal space and allow me to lead interactions.

(3) Palmerston HQ will house my bed, toys and food. I like privacy in Palmy HQ.

(4) everyone should help to maintain the Palmerston Zone. The FCO is a very big, old building and I was finding it difficult to maintain a territory so large. My new Zone is much more manageable, and has lots of comfy seats for naps.

The Palmerston Protocols are designed to ensure my welfare and happiness in the FCO. My care is under constant review by a dedicated team of voluntary carers, who will be monitoring whether the Palmerston Protocols work. Mice - watch out! I’m coming back!

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/foreign-office-cat-back-to-work-with-new-no-treats-rule-11876428

1 Like

Only one, I think? The marmalade one, Patrick died and now he’s got Attlee

1 Like

Sorry to be a lightweight, I know the Johnson situation is very serious

But with all the coverage of the front door of number 10, I’ve been so enjoying Larry the Cat spotting!

Only if Brit Land would we all just accept completely that obviously the cat has the complete entitlement to go in and out the front door of No.10 when he feels like it

They’re saying he refused to go in when the door opened because Johnson was still in there :heart_eyes_cat::scream_cat:

Loads of jokes about will Larry resign, of course :rofl:

But my favourite was wave of fury on Twitter because this woman, whoever she is, slammed the door in his face and didn’t let him in :rofl:

I saw this little cat when watching the news! Such a contented washing of his paws, it was lovely! :heart_eyes_cat:

He really is a dear little cat, watching out for him outside No.10 is great relief from all the frantic coverage!

1 Like

Here he is getting his collar felt by the Old Bill

2 Likes

Wow, Alastair Campbell is backing Larry to be PM!

Attlee looks gorgeous - My neighbour has a Maine Coon and he is a handsome cat but looks massive!

I hope Attlee grows up to be a good hunter - apparently there is lots of mice and moths in the House of Commons that need keeping in check - not to mention all the “rats” that gather there! :joy_cat:

2 Likes

I can’t help myself, I’m a bit cat deprived at the moment. I’m ready to adopt a new kitty I’m going to wait until I retire, only a few months!

So, sad old girl that I am I’ve followed Atlee on Instagram

This was Sundays message

1 Like

That’ll be such an exciting day when you become a cat mum!

1 Like

Oh no, poor Attlee had the snip!

Bet that’s got all you blokes wincing :rofl:

2 Likes

Look at the huge ears on that cat - all the better for hearing with! -
I bet he will be a good mouser!

He looks so cute too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

He’s going to be big, I think. He is a Maine Coone

I’m adopting him until I can have a cat of my own :rofl:

Cats senses are heightened, they enjoy a world we cannot.
It is a privilege to be a cat owner.

1 Like

Sir Lindsay lives in Adlington, Lancashire and, from the name on the bag, presumably shops at Booths, in Chorley - only the best for our lads … :+1:

Commiserations to Atlee … :scream_cat:

Only dogs have owners - Cats have staff! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

(usually overworked and underpaid! )

1 Like

We have our duties, woe betide us if we forget . We get “the look” and know we are in trouble. :smiley:

1 Like

Look how grown up and magnificent Attlee has got!

A really classy addition to Parliament

He says he wishes you all a Happy New Year!

3 Likes