Netflicks - will you unsubscribe?

:lol::lol::lol:

Their membership is tanking after them showing the film “Cuties”

I have never subscribed either, there’s no films made in recent years that interest me and the deal with Mega-me and Harry doesn’t look like it will be worth the undoubted rip off subscription fee either.

Like Apple (and many of these mega corporations) the so called ‘subscription model’ is one which is hugely profitable for them and hugely over priced rubbish for the poor subscriber.

I like Netflix very much, it is dirt cheap and has such a variety of TV series from a wide range of countries. Most of my viewing is of series though I do watch one or two movies a week.

Never heard of Cuties but Netflix provide different content to different countries so it might not have been shown here.

Before Covid I rarely watched TV but since it started I have watched far more than I ever did before.

I pay $14 a month for Netflix and it is worth every cent (three cups of coffee?) and there are no ads unlike pay TV. Whether I will keep it when this pandemic is settled down is another matter. But YouTube and Netflix? I watch something nearly every day now.

Ah! Bruce mentions YouTube. I find that helpful for how to do things. Lots of advice for the DIY person.

Being a qualified House Husband and a fine multi tasker if I may say so myself.

I do believe a public hanging is called for here after that statement.:wink:

What is Netflicks ?

It’s an application that you subscribe lots of cash to so you can watch loads of rubbish on your TV.

Netflix is the same as that just keep sending them money for repeats.

Netflix is also that you subscribe with money each month to watch films that you can watch elsewhere for FREE.

no not for me the TV licence should really cover that anyway

I don’t have Netflix, but I like that people can say the word woke here without getting hate. :grin:

I’m considering getting a Netflix subscription, but I want a Britbox or Acorn subscription first.

I am still happy with Netflix I watch it far more than Disney+ or Prime.

Meghan Markle is a bit of a cutie, I don’t know what people find to dislike about her, it is not as if she is likely to constantly pop round for a cup of sugar or to borrow your lawnmower.

No, I will stick with Netflix a least until I can start traveling regularly again

Hi

I have it on Sky Q.

Never watched it

Every now and then I take a trial subscription of various streaming video services, including Netflix, but their offerings have become increasingly worthless to me - either I’ve seen them or don’t want to see them or they’re trite or they’re just plain awful - I’ve never retained a subscription yet.

:man_shrugging:

I have Netflix on my son’s account so it doesn’t cost me anything. At the moment I am half way through Requiem and then there are a couple of others that I want to watch after that.

I have Netflix and as you say most of the movies are boring, but as of now I’m gonna give em a chance to see if they get any better.

That’s exactly how I started with Netflix too but I enjoyed it so much that I paid for my own account, when I found out how cheap it was I wished I had done it earlier ($15 a month).

I do still have Disney+ on my daughters account but I don’t watch that very often so I don’t feel guilty about that at all.

…and another thing.

Another subscription my daughter gave me is Spotify which I only have on my phone.

I love it when I am out on my walks, you can even download music so you can listen to music when there is no phone or wifi reception.

Naturally 90% of the music I listen to is from the 1960s and it does irritate me some of these “remastered” albums where they have added (for example) acoustic or demo tracks or interviews with the musician. Bugger that! I want it to sound exactly as it did on the original album and I certainly don’t want to hear about how it was recorded.

Apart from that slight irritation I really like Spotify and with modern connectivity I can play it through headphones, my TV, my stereo or my Flip4 speakers. Love it!

If you like your music loud then it is cheap enough even if you have to pay for it. it uses very little data and if you are on wifi none.

Good news they just completed filming the fifth series… I cant wait but I’m busy watching it all again from series one.

I am Utrid son of Utrid… others addicted to this like me will smile knowingly at that :slight_smile: