My St Valentine’s Day Disaster!

A lot of people seem to have had a lot of fun with this thread, which is quite nice to see. I’m not sure they would have found it as funny had they felt obliged to limit their vocabulary to your three suggestions. That could be the explanation. :thinking:
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

OK - was not intending to be contentious - I just find it odd.

Well what makes people laugh doesn’t tend to conform to logic, and I certainly can’t explain why some words are funnier than others.

1 Like

Too many syllables.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong, really, just that I think I’d feel a bit prim using such correct terms. Most people don’t use them unless talking to their doctor :wink:

1 Like

@Bathsheba - LOL - I grew up in a household where slang words were never permitted and childhood habits are hard to break! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

I think using ‘excrement’ in front of your doctor will make him/her think you’re trying to be clever!

2 Likes

Just to say… l had never used the word ‘poo’ ever whilst at home with my parents.
I don’t think it was until l became a mother and that’s the term many mothers used when potty training their little children.

‘Poo’ is a much nicer, even prettier word than some of the gross terms available.

Besides, any other word for it wouldn’t have been suitable in a conversation, on such a romantic day as St Valentine’s Day! :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t mind the word itself, but I do wonder how the poor man would feel if he knew his personal toilet habits were being laughed at on a forum - if any of it was even true in the first place.

2 Likes

Mups, l sincerely hope you’re not accusing me of not telling the truth.

Well I sincerely hope you’re not, Art. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for spoiling the happy thread l started, with your nasty accusations.
I NEVER lie. I am too strong to need to tell lies.
I hope you retract your untrue accusation.

I suppose it is slightly better than some I have heard - but still not in my vocabulary :grinning: :-1:

1 Like

It’s a pity you have taken my comment like that Art.
I could not ever have imagined you taking a photograph of your boyfriend’s ‘Poo’ in the first place, let alone describing it to everyone too!

My ‘accusation’ as you call it was not meant in any nasty way whatsoever, so no need to fly off the handle at me at all.
I know you often write humerous threads, and merely assumed this was a wind up. No harm intended whatsoever.

1 Like

Have to say that we too were never allowed to use slang growing up. But things all changed when I left home and was able to cultivate a more relaxed attitude. And when the children came along, of course, all this sort of nursery language became commonplace and firmly fixed in my vocabulary!

1 Like

I can’t think of any suitable reference to ‘it’ on Valentine’s Day!

It has just occurred to me that Angel’s boyfriend may just possibly have taken a photo of Angel’s poo and might be showing it around to his mates!!! :open_mouth: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Referring back to your ‘list’, it has just occurred to me that when we were young children the word my mother used was ‘Biz’!

1 Like

Too right … I call them moles because they tunnel.

I did say I wasn’t going to make a contribution, but the Scottish term, “jobby”, always used to make me smile. I haven’t heard it in a long while.