My Photos From Various Places

Thank you Annie. It’s a wonderful world out here for sure

Thanks gummy . Keep going? If you people aren’t bored to death yet

Thank you Diane.
Shucks. :blush:

2 Likes

When you have ducklings from birth, you get very close to then them.
…Every Fox around wants to take them, and keeping them safe and given them some freedom can be so difficult. We lost our first born Fluffles to a Fox just weeks before we left here for France…he was so so loved…Pebs was born one day after Fluffles and they had different parentage so was good for them to be a pair…They both got lost to foxes sadly…

5 Likes

Oh how adorable. Like yourself, I can’t turn my back on animals who might need help. That’s so kind of you.

My mom used to raise injured birds including doves and seagulls. Caring for animals was something I really admired my mom for.

We have a lot of foxes up here as well as eagles. Our neighbours tell us that the fox near them plays with their cat. Not sure I would like that since they still can carry rabies and our cat is 15.
There are plenty of bald eagles so I keep an eye out on our little dog.

Thanks for sharing Dianne. How did you find these two small ducklings?

1 Like

Colourful autumn scenery October 2021.

6 Likes

Wow some really beautiful work. Excellent eye.

1 Like

Beautiful Autumn colours @Bratti :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am sorry I didn’t find this thread before. Your photo’s are beautiful, Bratti, what a lovely area you live in. Unspoilt too.

We used to have fields & grazing animals when we first came here to live. Now we are surrounded by new houses, but still have some country views.

1 Like

Fluffles the first duckling born at our Bexhill on Sea home…It was one of our Chickens that incubated it until we saw it trying to break out of its shell…
Soon after he hatched a female duck arrived as well. They had different parents so could be a pair, so it turned out well, as they adored each other.
…Well they shared their little pen and swimming area so was a ‘forced marriage’ !

2 Likes

Thank you Danny. It means a lot coming from you. That last lobster boat I’m going to paint this weekend.

2 Likes

Good luck with that Bratti…wish I could be artist like my late Dad was…

2 Likes

Thank you Mags. The Cabot Trail looked like the hills were ablaze with fire. It was nothing short of magical.

1 Like

Except for the sea’s calmness, that photo of the lobster/crab pot could have been taken along part of the Devon coast.

Thank you Tiffany. Some of these pictures are from Ontario but the last pictures are from Nova Scotia since we moved last spring. The differences in provinces is huge. Ontario is gorgeous but more progressive whereas Nova Scotia only has about 1 million people. Where we live is a real touristy part. It’s like an undiscovered gem.

It’s nice to have to space to breathe and surrounded by animals to enjoy.

Some others have said the same thing. There must be quite a few similarities. The sea wasn’t calm there. There were 2 foot waves. It’s been rougher at times but sometimes it’s fairly calm too.

Then not far away there’s a perfect sandy beach. This was at low tide.

1 Like

What an adorable picture and story to match.
I’m so glad it all worked out so well. Priceless. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

2ft waves along my part of the West Sussex south coast, is considered almost mill pond calm. Like Tiffany, I have only just discovered your thread and I consider it good photography.

2 Likes

Haha. Yeah. You have a point. :joy:
That’s funny.

Thank you for the compliment.
It’s much appreciated. :grin::pray:

2 Likes

This was taken today by my husband while he was driving. He pulled over to get some photos, most of which turned out a bit obscene. Lol You never know what animals are going to do while photographing them.

1 Like

That’s really lovely @Bratti

1 Like

Mating eagles from down the road gathering nesting materials. Taken today while on our walk.

1 Like