My heating came on this morning

My boiler turned itself on this morning
Have you had the heating on

2 Likes

Mine’s just come on now … but it’s been coming on intermittently for the last few days … :sun_behind_large_cloud:

1 Like

It has been a very mild winter I think I ran my fan heater half a dozen times at the most.

It is spring now and it was 38° yesterday. No need for the heater.

2 Likes

mines been coming on early morning and I turn it down or off.

2 Likes

@Ripple My home heating system is monitored by something best described as a ‘bot’ and that has something called optimum start built in. The only timer is for night set back and the bot’s aim is to ensure the house does not fall below the set temperature all year round via constant monitoring of outside and inside temps. I do not have to touch anything unless I want extra heat.
Like your system, mine was on when I arose at my usual 5am. I checked its operating history and found the night set back swung into action at 4 this morning, so I must assume the house temperature fell below the acceptable minimum.
As soon as the house is up to set temperature it will modulate the operating temp and then switch off completely as soon as the rise has exceeded one degree above.
I would hazard a guess that we had a totally clear sky last night and the heat from yesterday’s sun was lost into space.

1 Like

No, it’s set to come on at 16 degrees but it’s not dropped below low 20s yet.
Long may it last .

2 Likes

Yes it sounds similar to my heating system Hive . although I don’t think it takes into consideration the temp outside

1 Like

Yes, I would expect Hive to constantly monitor your home’s temperature and then decide what to do. With a disabled wife who need to be comfortably warm at all times, I cannot praise my system enough.

2 Likes

My heating doesn’t have a mind of its own. It’s off until I switch it on which is going to happen this month depending on temps.

2 Likes

What does it consider instead? The temps inside? Nearly all heating systems have outside temps sensors, haven’t they?

1 Like

No but I was offered this option , which I declined , what matters to me is if Im warm inside ,

1 Like

I switch my heating off during the Summer months and I haven’t switched it back on yet - I’m trying to delay switching it on until I really need it, to conserve a bit of energy.

I think if it had been switched on with my usual schedule of temperature settings, it may have switched itself on for a while early this morning.
It felt a bit chilly when I first got up but I didn’t look at the thermostat to check the temperature - it feels like it’s warmed up a bit now.

I’ve just looked at my Heating App which controls the Central Heating Settings - it shows 13.5°C outside and 18.5°C inside.
When I do have the heating switched on, the thermostat is set for 18°C during the day and evening, so it’s not cold enough now to need the heating on.

1 Like

I’m sure Hive doesn’t tell garden temperature. Unless ive missed something which is more than possible.

Ooops just had a look yes It says integrated weather
:flushed: I leave the thermostat and works well alone !

1 Like

I have switched it on and off since last week, I think. Except for the days I was away at the weekend.

1 Like

I leave mine on all the time and just use the room thermostat to control it.

2 Likes

Mine has been switched off for months as it’s not been cold enough to have it on yet.

1 Like

I have had mine set to 21 for months now I don’t like to be cold.
16 is artic

3 Likes

16C is nice !!

2 Likes

exposure to temperatures of 18C or below at home were associated with negative effects on health especially related to heart and lung health.
You shouldnt allow yourself to get use to low temperatures in the house.

2 Likes

I feel the cold and can’t bear the temperature to drop below 18 , thermostat hasn’t kicked in yet though , but I have set it at 16 because of the cost . My feet get cold so I’m wearing my ole lady slippers. I have a weighted blanket on my bed instead of a duvet it’s lovely and snug .

Oh blimey I dread the thought of cold days and nights and the dark

1 Like