My Dahlias

I love my Dahlias this year, such pretty flowers that give me a great deal of pleasure:

Dahlia April Heather

2 Likes

I’m not a plant person(I don’t have the patience or creativity)but I do like to see the finished article.

They are very pretty.

Fabulous, Mups, such a lovely range of bright colours - really cheery.

1 word…wonderful

Looking good Mups…
A couple of mine

Beautiful Mups :slight_smile: you always have a good show I guess they like your soil…

Lovely Mups! I had one flower on mine, poor show :frowning:

Stunning, Mups :slight_smile: such beautiful colours too…

Thank you very much Queenie, and Reg and Tabs.
Very kind. :slight_smile:

Very pretty Vlad.

Good job we don’t live next door to each other, else we’d be nicking cuttings over the fence. :lol:

Thanks ever so much Meg, and Mags.
I really enjoy seeing them each day, and picking a few for indoors. :slight_smile:

Tess, that’s a shame yours didn’t flower too well this year.
Do you keep your tubers for next year?

They do look good, might try some in pots next year, the garden is a haven for slugs.

Excellent idea though :lol:

Thanks Caricature, I have some in pots because I have so little garden space left. They need more food and water in pots though, and watch they don’t topple over when it’s windy.

You’re right aboiut the slugs and snails though, I haven’t found them half as bad with potted Dahlias, so some adventurous ones still try.
Blighters are at 'em straightaway in the ground aren’t they.

I grow a lot of dahlias in pots for those very reasons…snails etc…the other advantage being that each winter I can move them into the greenhouse. In the old days I used to lift all my tubers but now due to the change in temperature I can leave the tubers in the ground and in the pots .

The wife put copper strips on the pots this year kept the slugs off.

I read somewhere, can’t remember where that the blue slug pellets have been banned… ?

I’d never use them anyway Vlad, incase my dogs ate them.

As for the ban, it seems you were right in that they were banned, but apparently the ban has now been overturned! See here:

Vlad, what size pots/tubs do you find best, and do you get any trouble with them blowing over in windy weather?

Thanks for the heads up on that Mups