My afternoon walk

I’ve got an app called ‘MapMyWalk’ installed on the phone. According to that, I did 3.28 miles in 58.3 minutes this afternoon. Maybe not too bad in view of the type of terrain …and I stopped to take these photos. The uphill climb from my house to the highest point is 182.7 feet. The weather was sunny and it was altogether a nice walk, even if a bit muddy here and there.

A rhododendron growing at the side of the track

I used to ride a bike up this hill about 6-7 years ago. Don’t know if I still could.

Wow! What fantastic scenery! That was a very solid pace for three plus miles with all those hills, and mud puddles. I envy you the hills, too; they make for a good strenuous workout. It’s really enjoyable to see these photos. Thanks for taking the time to share them!

I started walking that area again a week or so ago. The first walk hurt, especially the muscles in the shins. The second time around, they hurt a bit less and this time not at all. It is the same old area walked different ways but it is nice there and just up the road from the house.

A well trodden path quite popular, invigorating on a pleasant day.

That looks like a great walk Mart.

I bet you felt better for walking in the lovely woods Mart :slight_smile:

That’s a lovely pretty walk Mart…

We are lucky with open areas around here. Much of it is M.O.D. (Ministry Of Defence) land but a lot of it is shared with the public. Certain restrictions exist but most of us who live in the general area respect them.

I don’t know if that will last forever. Some areas that we used to ride our bikes on only a few years ago have been closed to the public. A move that some feel could be the start of a slippery slope. I hope not. Walkers, dog walkers, mountain bikers and runners would miss it greatly.

That track in the first and second photos is an old road and now a bridle path. I think that will always remain public.

It looks lovely Mart! I like that bottom photo where its just trees and track for miles :smiley:

The puddles just get bigger and bigger…

Gosh Mart, you’ve had some heavy rain! :smiley:

Second photo much like our back garden yesterday.

Nice pics Mart.
Peri.

Looks very similar to the walks in our forest at the moment Mart, and thanks for the heads up on the app, which I have now installed and will try it out tomorrow.

Thanks :slight_smile: We certainly have had a lot of rain around here …like everywhere I think. It stayed dry until late afternoon today though so I was able to get out for a walk and take the last two photos.

There’s a free and paid version of MapMyWalk Barry. The free version is probably good enough for the casual walker/runner/cyclist (like me).

Great pics mart, reminded me of batley Park Woods where I like to walk, we are lucky having such walks on our doorstep arent we.
I so appreciate woodland and pretty nature walks as I’ve gotten older. I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures, thanks for sharing.

I tend to take the same routes each time because I know how long they are going to take. Even so, especially at this time of year, it’s interesting to watch the change of character in the scenery.

The walk that was bare of plant life starts to get a haze of green all over it. I noticed yesterday that the ferns are shooting up and pretty soon, everywhere will have a covering of them.