Music Denial by your Friends

:joy::joy: Chuckling now.

This is just a Cliff Richard thread by another name.
I can’t deny I don’t like him at all.

You don’t have to like him…that is no crime either…Chillie6 does go for his music really…I just pull his leg over him because I get bombarded with Cliffy’s music from my Husband’s addiction…no idea what Chillie6 thinks of the person though.
Don’t think it matters really…Stars take a lot of stick over little hic ups.
Thinking P J Proby now

1 Like

Every girl I’ve ever known more than liked him.I’ve never known a bloke been that keen.

Well I know only too well…
We were in a Music Store in Hastings and Husband was studying Cliff’s latest album,the Guy Stood next him…he said Cliff Richard, he can’t even sing…thought my Husband was about to explode at that…I dragged him though the door outside…just said ignore the twit…or similar…
Well I was a fan as My sister chose Elvis, so I had to be a Cliff fan.
It was not until years later that I even listened to Elvis at all…It was always us Sisters, and rivalry…Never helped our relationship long term though.

1 Like

This was at a Concert in Brighton…years and years ago…Four of us went and enjoyed the show immensely.
Bottom left was my best Mate Rosi, she was a red head but not fiery by nature at all…

3 Likes

Cliff Richard was the first person I saw live. I am far from a fan, but he has produced some really good tracks down the years & I certainly do not dislike his music. Or him.

My music tastes have always been eclectic, so I love prog rock, jazz, folk, opera, even Gregorian chant.

But I did go & see the comedian Ted Rogers once & have to say, despite his appalling TV style. Live Ted was great, certainly as good as any other comedian I have seen. So I do understand liking an artist, that others may not understand.

2 Likes

Cliff Richard was the main actor Heathcliff with Helen Hobson as Cathy in the musical Heathcliff, Lyrics were written by Tim Rice and John Farrar produced all the music.
We went to see this Show at the Hammersmith Appolo, London the final showing in May 1996.
The Wikipedia has some interesting facts.

1 Like

I remember when that album came out in Canada. I bought it as one he was cute… Plus the song Devil Woman was great. Then my mum said “I love Cliff Richard” I was mortified lol " I have a few of his albums." well death nail to a teen let me tell you… lol btw i still have it haha.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Oi Captain! I thought you said that there’s nothing there when I suggested you invite Cliffy for tea just the other day…

:047:

1 Like

This these are good with Olivia Newton John

3 Likes

This is my favourite Van and Cliff

3 Likes

From the Musical Heathcliff…
and the songs lyrics all written by Tim Rice…

2 Likes

In the early days Cliff’s main rivals would be Adam Faith, Marty Wilde and Billy Fury,I think.

All trying to be Elvis :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is nothing there. (Shush keep it quiet or they will all know my secrets.) Congratulations……argh it’s started again I’m talking in Cliff song titles. Your just a Devil Woman :joy:

2 Likes
2 Likes