Mum who married a tree three years ago says relationship is 'still going strong'

Towering over her, it was hard to read her husband’s expression when she hung the gift on him, his expression rather wooden.

But that’s to be expected if you marry a tree - as eco-warrior mum-of-two Kate Cunningham did, with the pair now celebrating their third Christmas together.

Kate, who changed her surname to Elder when she and the elder tree wed in 2019, said the pair are more loved-up than ever this festive season.

She visits the tree up to five times a week and plans to spend Boxing Day with her bark-covered other half - with the rest of her family indulging in festive celebrations at home.

• ok then…:thinking:
1 Like

… barking :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

… why are there no twiglets after 3 years.

4 Likes

Well, she’s clearly barking :joy:

Not such a bad idea, I can’t criticise, I’ve married worse.

Can you marry whatever you now, then? And is there…… how can I put this? ….sex involved?

As long as their isn’t, then I am telling my husband I’m leaving him to marry the dishwasher, who I love ‘cos it’s my favourite kitchen appliance, and Big Ben, because I love his bongs ……

2 Likes

So being married to a tree you’d think she’d branch out, take up roots, start an orchard and settle down. Quit stump hopping. What a nutter!! :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

4 Likes

tree mendus stoiry

2 Likes

Maree, you do realize there is a crotch in every tree? A gentle reminder, and often there is more than one. Could be more trouble than it’s worth to get involved with a tree. :grin:

3 Likes

Oh leaf the poor woman alone.:smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

She tried to Marry an Oak Tree first, it told her to get “Knotted”.

4 Likes

I can’t beleaf how mean he’s being……

2 Likes

Ooh er, is there? Trees sound as if they might be a bit of a goer then, I think I’ll steer clear

I’m not even going to mention bushes…… oh, I just did :rofl:

3 Likes

… … … and then without a TPO in force, an enterprising forester enters stage left with a chain saw and … next contribution please :point_down:

1 Like

I think they’re called Divining Rods, usually made from hazel wood.

2 Likes

I’ve made it a lifetime rule to steer clear of anyone who tries to tell me they’ve got a divine rod!

But isn’t a trees crotch the angle where the branches join? Just like people’s crotch is the angle where our leggies join.:leg::leg::leg::leg:

2 Likes

:rofl: @Maree … I was never much good at anatomy … this is why I’m still childless.

2 Likes

I’m OK with anatomy but I’m still clueless …

2 Likes

I know for a fact that the tree has been caught making eyes at the silver birch across the path! I know this, because the elder’s next door tree caught him out several times, and told me in confidence.

Oh heck…I’ve let the cat out the bag now. :grin::grin:

3 Likes

I’ll never look at a chap with a chainsaw the same again … the murderer.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this sort of thing before. People marrying the weirdest things.
I remember ages back reading about a woman who married a ghost. She even reckoned he made love to her too.

There was one nutty bloke who even married himself!!

I don’t only blame these strange people though, because anyone carrying out the wedding service like this is equally to blame for encouraging it, IMO.

3 Likes

If I was her husband I would seriously think of having her parked up in a sanatorium,… a bit sharpish

1 Like