Mum who married a tree three years ago says relationship is 'still going strong'

Just wondering how the tree gave consent.

3 Likes

She does have a boyfriend, Wishbone…he is perfectly happy with the situation :thinking:

1 Like

@Maver-rik The tree would have nodded with the wind. I suppose that works as well as anything :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Your silence speaks volumes, Rox! :joy:

1 Like

I heard that he’s as thick as a plank!

2 Likes

Well I was going to say …Unfaithful already huh?

Then I spotted this …
She’s an eco warrior …

The wacky marriage was part of a wider campaign to save Rimrose Valley Country Park from being transformed into a bypass by National Highways.

2 Likes

There’s “EcoWarrior Tree Hugger”… and there’s marrying, changing your name and visiting your husband 5 times a week EcoWarrior…:thinking:

I can remember being told as a lad that would affect my vision and give me hairy palms :astonished::point_right::grin::wink:

time for a change in life style, just off for a wander down the garden to check out our trees, should i whistle or wink, should i be wearing a hoola skirt, which aftershave, hang around, when i come back i could have tied the KNOT and just bow out

2 Likes

Just be sure the other trees and bushes don’t get jealous.
They might invade your drains in retaliation.

Just a friendly hug should do Mr Macy…don’t make the situation awkward now :joy:

quick…i need a best man

1 Like

Keep a keen eye for any dendrochronologist after your ring(s) :grin:

1 Like

will have to google that and ring a friend

2 Likes

The daytime soap Doctors featured a storyline in which one of the women married herself! It did go on rather, but it ended the show, for the Christmas holiday, with her singing and dancing, after the ceremony. All rather jolly and Christmassy.

1 Like

I have heard of people (women, really) marrying themselves as a form of self care thing…treating themselves as they would a partner. I kind of understand that, but to have an entire ceremony devoted to it, seems a bit…much.

I tried to find the woman who married the Berlin wall, but apparently she left it for a garden fence…
(old story) https://geekologie.com/2008/12/woman-leaves-berlin-wall-for-g.php

1 Like

Shame on her …marriage should be for life and not ended just because your mate/partner is socially unacceptable and becomes a beaten old wreck of it’s former self.
Tut …tut.

2 Likes

Yes I know…shame on her! That was some time ago now, so I wonder if the old fence is still standing, or if she has moved on yet again :roll_eyes:

I bet she’s one of those control freaks too and insists they wear creosote or Ronseal rather than go for natural unclothed wood.

1 Like