Mum sparks debate by refusing to have non-vegan food at her kid's birthday party

The mum-of-three explained that when her youngest was just three-months-old, they discovered she’s allergic to dairy and eggs and can’t eat them in any form without it making her very poorly.

So, for her first birthday, next weekend, the mum decided she wanted all food and drinks to be free from the ingredients she cannot eat, so that the youngster doesn’t end up accidentally eating something that will make her ill.
However, she’s since been told that her nephews and in-laws refuse to eat the soup and despite the fact she believes they would’ve liked the cake, they won’t eat that either because of it being vegan.

“My husband wants to just do pizza and ‘normal’ cake because it’s what they like. I don’t understand the point of having a birthday meal that the birthday kid can’t even eat,” the mum concluded.

“I didn’t think it was too much to ask to have one day that is catered to my daughter, when she’s going to have to spend the rest of her life working around everyone else.”

• I think she is right, what do you think? :thinking:
3 Likes

I with you Mum. It’s her day, if she can’t partake what’s the point? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Exactly…poor wee thing. This is an illness with this baby, its not a fashion trend… :roll_eyes: Some children are already saying they won’t attend, because they “don’t like” the food…they haven’t even tried it :astonished:

4 Likes

Parents are missing a golden opportunity to teach their children that “Life is not all about you!” IMHO

5 Likes

All I can say is that the other relatives are being selfish and not thinking about whose day it is.

3 Likes

@PixieKnuckles , lf the child is really " allergic", as opposed to
just not liking the new taste, then ok !!
But maybe the mother would have done better not to advertise
the fact that it would be vegetarian food ??
Donkeyman! :+1::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::+1:

2 Likes

Hmmm @Donkeyman Not sure that would be a good plan really, if I’m honest. Its better to be upfront about these things. Imagine all these kids trooped in expecting a big party and found it was vegan food. They would riot and her daughter would be really upset (in years to come I mean, not now as a baby)

Like my baby, Like my Food :+1:

How would they know, Pixie? Vegan food can be just as delicious as non-vegan.

3 Likes

Ridiculous. Before you know it, the mum will be advocating e cigarettes for her baby instead of filterless woodbines. Her baby needs toughening up.

1 Like

This is true…but why should she not say anything?

1 Like

The child gets sick because of the food she eats…its not a fad.

2 Likes

P’ah. Suspect it’s a load of commie pinko nonsense.

Ok :woman_shrugging: Just thought it was an interesting bit of news :smiley:

1 Like

@SilverTabby , Exactly ! Even l enjoyed a “Vegi” burger the
other day !!!
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

1 Like

It is interesting PK. Just suspect that mum is a right on, airy fairy woke who’s trying to justify herself.

Oh dear, I’m sorry to be the voice of dissent, but I’d just do the rest of them pizza, chips and cakes like the husband says

I’d don’t see why vegan, really? She’s allergic to dairy and eggs but not meat and animal products?

And I sure as heck wouldn’t serve ruddy soup up at a kids’s party

She’d be able to enjoy the chips, I’d cook up or buy a nice vegan pizza and cut it into fingers for her and I’d make my famous vegan chocolate cake as well as a traditional one, but I betcha when they saw it they’d all be begging for a bit of my vegan one!

She’s only one, someone should be keeping an eye on her and helping her with her food anyway

And it is true that when you’ve got an allergy or need a special diet you have to learn that there are things other people have that you can’t, although at one she won’t even notice

Parties aren’t just about the birthday child, they’re about families coming together to celebrate and enjoy food and fun together

I think the mum is being a bit precious and making a big thing about her daughters allergies, when they could be catered for easily and the family are being bitchy about not eating the soup and they all need to get over themselves, it’s only a kid’s party, have some fun for gawd’s sake.

My sympathies are entirely with the husband caught up in the middle of them and I hope he gets chance to escape to the pub!:joy:

4 Likes

I hope that when the time comes, and it probably will, the husband gets custody.

Mean! It always amazes me what people will argue over….

1 Like

My … someone’s a tad bored today … :laughing:

3 Likes

Yep. Sure am. :wink::rofl::rofl:

1 Like