Muddys Trip to Australia

I just love the Australian parrots they are so colourful and not that timid .
Australian king parrots this afternoon

11 Likes

Beautiful parrots, such lovely bright colours too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They are so cute and friendly .

1 Like

Oh yes I remember. The colours beautiful . I also remember the song not sure which species but they trilled like music . The most wonderful sound

1 Like

I think those are Australian King parrots they look gorgeous . I’d love to see this with mynown eyes close up. Lucky you.

What temperature do you have there muddy x

1 Like

It certainly did - a nasty one at that under Japanese rule. Not sure if it changed much when the British took it over.

1 Like

They look beautiful, Muddy. I am glad you arrived safely. Seem to remember you producing some lovely art work on your last trip - hint - hint!!

1 Like

Its good to receive your reports and photos from down under Muddy, I love anything Aussie and always wanted to visit, but sadly will be out of reach for me now… :cry:
However, I understand the outback is paved with gold, nuggets just laying around, so I should have lent you my metal detector…
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

They are King Parrots LQ the temperature here is about 26 degrees because we are up on a mountain but we drove down yesterday to the Gold Coast where it was 29 degrees.

1 Like

Thank you Tabbs I forgot my sketch pad so will need to buy one one I do love doing the birds .

1 Like

It was horrendous a relative of my mothers was in there . He survived but came back weighing only six stone .

1 Like

We are too old to go prospecting OGF but we are right next to Lamington National park so there would be lots of places for you to run we plan to do a treetop walk today if we get going . We are still acclimatising there is a 10 hours time difference . .

I have interne tfriends in Brisbane who are getting married in May this year. Oh how I would love to be there
Can I be rude and ask how much the air fare is please?

Depends how and when you want to fly .
If you go economy it much cheaper than premium which is much cheaper than business .
It a good time to fly economy as so few people were flying most people had three seats to lie down on .
But not all .
In premium the seats are bigger and they treat you slightly better and you get a larger luggage allowance
We flew premium London to Singapore but economy Singapore to Brisbane ( there was no premium class on the plane ) on that flight . We always say we will fly business but I am too tight at the end of the day ! I booked late so it cost me more ( I could not book ahead because of the risk not being able to fly and getting the necessary documentation) if you book ahead of time you will get a better price .
Now the airlines are opening up so you maybe get some good deals (check out trailfinders ) when we came only a couple of airlines were flying . My ticket cost in the region of £2200+ business would have cost from about £4000+
But you travel in comfort !
Depends on your finances and the level of discomfort you are prepared to put up with .
Travelling so far is not for the faint hearted
If you can afford it go Bussiness !

Fabulous photos Muddy such a breath of fresh air for us in the UK right now, you left at the best time! It looks like paradise.

2 Likes

Today saw a wallaby in the garden then later went for a walk in the rainforest at Lamington National park which abutts my sons place .

13 Likes

I’ve just been reading through and catching up with this thread @Muddy. It looks fabulous and you’ve uploaded some wonderful photos. I have to say I’d love to be there in the sunshine rather than the dreadful weather we’ve been having here - you definitely picked the right time!

2 Likes

That tree top walk sounds brilliant Muddy, and yes, it sounds ideal for running although I’d be frightened of missing something so I think a slow meander would be better. The weather sounds perfect for cycling, and touring by bike is something I would love to do if I ever got the chance. Camping out on the roadside each night.
Yeah, I suspect finding gold is harder than it appears on ‘Aussie Gold Hunters’ Muddy, so I think we’ll give that a miss…Take care Muddy…
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

How lovely it must be to live amongst the animals and birds that enter your son’s garden, Muddy.

I do envy him … and you! :smiley:

2 Likes

Parrots look very nice but all they do is squawk very loudly, they are a feast for the eyes but not the ears.

I had a garden full of Long Beaked Corellas yesterday, I haven’t looked yet but you can bet the FM aerial will be bent some more.

Anyway, back to Muddy’s trip.

1 Like