Muddys Trip to Australia

I don’t mind birds at all but Ibis have become a bit of a nuisance in places especially around Sydney, in Wollongong they are no problem they are not in plague proportions.

They are like seagulls in England in that they find human food very handy and they rummage in bins. Lots of birds do the same thing eg crows but Ibis are so big and their beaks can reach so far.

When I first came to Sydney in the 60s they didn’t didn’t exist in the metropolitan area and I couldn’t understand how they had grown to be such a nuisance then I discovered it was all the fault of Taronga Zoo. It is quite an educational film but I don’t think they anticipated the “problem” they would become.

I think it’s tomorrow you head home isn’t it Muddy? If so, I’m just saying safe journey home in case I’m not around here tonight x

1 Like

Enjoy your last day in Australia Muddy!

Wishing you a safe journey home and the sun is out to greet you! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you LQ and Mags we go tomorrow evening . I am not looking forward to the journey but we have had a lovely time xx

A long journey home for you Muddy . I remember it well. Mind you I was travelling on Singapore Airlines and had numerous Singapore Slings which helped!

Safe journey home . I feel for you leaving your lovely son .

Hope home is snug and warm when you settle into your own bed

1 Like

Have a safe journey home, Muddy.
Mungo will be ecstatic.
Take care. :smiley:

1 Like

I hope you have a safe flight home Muddy, and make sure they don’t fly over Ukraine, I think there’s something going on over there…Just a rumour!
:airplane:

Thank you susan we are travelling Singapore Airlines but it’s not what it used to be by a long shot .Re heating We have a Nest thermostat so will crank it up via phone when we land .

1 Like

Thank you Mups ,I hope so but I don’t know he will have been throughly spoiled at my other sons house .They have a very laid back attitude to animals They have kept me posted with photos of Mungo lounging on the sofa and on the bed ( he doesn’t do this at home ) He sleeps with my granddaughter so he will miss her .He will have put on pounds too as with the added competition ( they have one dog and two cats ) picky eating means someone else eats your dinner !

Oh well, it won’t hurt him to be spoilt a bit for a while.
He’s perhaps thinking - Mum’s having her holiday, so I’m having mine. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you Foxy .This worried me on the way out as we did fly over the Ukraine I don’t know if they will have changed the route I should hope so !

1 Like

Bruce interesting video I have been to Taronga zoo their bird show is fantastic.
I think it’s a shame that these beautiful Ibis once considered a sacred bird by some cultures is called a bin chicken in Australia .

Have a safe journey home Muddy.

1 Like

Safe journey home, Muddy.

1 Like

bon voyage Muddy :airplane:

1 Like

Have a safe journey home, @Muddy - and thanks for sharing your trip with us. :sunglasses: :grinning:

1 Like

Have a good trip home.

1 Like

Safe journey home @Muddy. I can see why you will miss Australia, it looks so beautiful, and of course you will miss your son, but what lovely memories you will have and they are forever.

1 Like

Thank you all for your good wishes .
I am back at Changi now waiting the flight back to the cold old U.K. .
Goodby to the east .

6 Likes

We’ve put the heating on for you back in the blighty Muddy, apparently it’s going to be nice and sunny over the weekend…Have a safe flight…
:sunglasses: :airplane:

3 Likes