Mrs Hinch's cleaning tips

Does anybody follow Mrs Hinch on Face-book?

The questions & answers do make me laugh sometimes.

I just saw where a member was asking advice on how to get a bleach stain out of her jeans!!

However do they cope with running a home? :confused:

Hi

I donā€™t follow anyone on Facebook.

She does have some good, workable tips however.

I have a book entitled ā€œSpotlessā€ by Shannon Lush, every stain removal suggestion that I have tried seems to work.

@carol I do not subscribe to FB and never will. Is there any external links please?

I donā€™t have Facebook, but I do know of Mrs HInchā€¦I see Stacy Solomon has also gained quite a following over her cleaning / reorganising tips. I donā€™t mind some of the tips and tricks (the Pink Stuff, for example) but both do seem to use an awful lot of chemicals for my liking. Iā€™m more of a vinegar, baking powder, and elbow grease person :joy:

1 Like

Thatā€™s me too Pix. Add to that list chloride bleach + washing soda and my cleaning material list would be complete.

1 Like

Washing soda crystals are good - I have used them in the bathroom sometimes, and in the laundry. Not sure about the chloride bleach thoughā€¦what is that? Sounds a bit wild :joy:

Just good old fashioned liquid bleach as against all the modern expensive equivalents .

ASDA Smart Price Thin Bleach - ASDA Groceries

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦I bet it stinks? I donā€™t really use bleach, I worry about it being in the water supply.

I was raised to the smell of bleach as Nan bleached everything to within an inch of itā€™s life and that included in the pubā€™s bars too, but I cant remember anyone complaining.

1 Like

Yes, my grandmother was the same. Couldnā€™t go in the bathroom for hours after she had cleaned it!

No I donā€™t follow MrsH after trying Zoflora (her recommendation ) what a stink ! Iā€™d rather something just be clean as clean doesnā€™t smell not masked with a highly floral antiseptic !

1 Like

Some of the Zoflora so called perfumes are definitely overpowering, but a few are not so, but of course itā€™s all about trial and error. I think we tried the whole range over a number of months until Mrs LD found something she was happy with :+1:

Iā€™m not a Facebook person and Iā€™ve never heard of a Mrs Hinch. :grinning:

Iā€™ve never heard of Mrs Hinch - or her cleaning tips, but Iā€™ve just joined her group and her gardening tips group too.
Itā€™s so sad when people dismiss facebook - as though itā€™s a den of iniquity. If you have no experience of facebook, itā€™s best not to condemn it. There are huge numbers of ā€œgroupsā€ you can join and most are great. There are also community groups which will inform you of anything of concern going on the area, such as a road closed because of some traffic incident, flooding, etc. I also find plenty of events are advertised on FB - it really provides a massive amount of information. If youā€™re going on holiday - thereā€™s a UK Travel and Covid Information group - which was more than helpful for my recent holiday, giving hints and tips on PLF forms, Day 2 tests etc etc.
Probably best used by those with open minds who can enjoy the variety of information available.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found Sophieā€™s tips Mrs Hinch cleaning tips and her favourite cleaning products (goodto.com)

1 Like

Here ya go. "How to get a bleach stain out of jeans!

Works every time, I would guess. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

haha! love it!

1 Like

I did like that site, so thanks for sharing it. However, I must say (off topic) I am getting tired of this ā€œgrey houseā€ decor! Its the new decorating trend, and its boring. Every room in most houses now
are grey and whiteā€¦crikey, get some colour in there! :roll_eyes: Rant overā€¦apologies.

1 Like

I really canā€™t remember the last time I bought any new jeans. My collection of around 20 or so pairs just wash and wash without wearing out :+1:

1 Like