Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

ID Cards are as old as Betamax videos. We are already well past the point where they would ever be used.

What we have now is RFID chips. They are in your bank cards and many of your devices (which you were probably unaware of). For example, every Kindle device comes with an RFID chip inside it identifying the device uniquely and thus identifying you as your purchasing or registration details will be forever linked to the device.

There will be RFID reading devices stationed all around the world in strategic places. Every time you pass through them or near them they will be activating the chip and logging it. Hence your movements are monitored everywhere.

You can buy RFID blocking wallets to protect your bank cards from being read which I recommend. You can open up your devices (like Kindles) and physically remove the RFID chip (very easy to do).

Technology has already advanced beyond this point. RFID chips are now in tiny pellets which can be inserted under the skin. Typically they are injected in the soft skin tissue between the thumb and index finger. Over 10,000 people are already trialling them. Ultimately they will want everyone to have this chip in their skin. Truly the mark of the beast.

It’s simple to see how this stuff will be implemented. Just consider how “they” make excuses to implement other things.

There will imo be 2 key ways they will get the public to accept being chipped like digs.

Firstly, they will engineer some disasters blaming terrorists. People will be appalled of course and the government will say that they can’t control this influx of terrorists without having proper citizen ID controls.

Secondly, the younger generation will be extremely easy to dupe. They have already begun with contactless bank cards which we can just swipe quickly over the reader when we pay for stuff. Then they’ve got the whole Smart Phone thing going where you can pop up a barcode/Qcode on your phone to pay for stuff.

Kids love this stuff. It’s cool, quick and hi-tech

Imagine the fun they will have/perceive when they get their hands chipped and can just wave their hands over a payment reader to pay for stuff. It will be like magic to them. At work, their secure office areas will have readers built into the doors. They will wave their hands and the door will magically open. All very Star Trek. The youngsters will lap up this 666 human bag and tagging before they realise what they have done. Once achieved, all privacy will be gone. RFID readers will become common place. You won’t be able to go anywhere without being scanned and ID’d multiple times wherever you go. Big Brother incarnate.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/Dr_Mark_Gasson_has_an_RFID_microchip_implanted_in_his_left_hand_by_a_surgeon_(March_16_2009).jpg/800px-Dr_Mark_Gasson_has_an_RFID_microchip_implanted_in_his_left_hand_by_a_surgeon_(March_16_2009).jpg

As a British Expat resident in Hungary, I have an ID card which is used instead of having to show my UK passport.

I also have an OAP card which allows me to travel free on public transport anywhere within the country.

In common with Hungarian citizens I have a TAJ card and number which entitles me for free medical treatment.

Despite a shortage of staff and funding, Hungarian hospitals are extremely good and unlike the UK you don’t have to wait for weeks to see a doctor.

Hungary seems to be an attractive place to live, and they appear to have the common sense to ignore EU diktats regarding the admission of ‘economic migrants’. As an attractive and self-supporting potential migrant, I’ll put it on my list of possible emigration locations for when the UK goes tits-up!

Actually, we did enjoy our visit there a couple of years ago whilst on a Danube cruise.

Wonderful Brexiteer thinking, sod off and leave everybody else to sort out the mess that you have helped to create.

You can hardly blame the Brexiteers, because if I remember rightly the bloke that called the EU referendum was a Remainer!

And what did he do … sod off and leave everyone else to sort out the mess he created!

I shouldn’t take much notice of Purwell, ZsaZsa.

Hi

No Deal means the end of UK Taxation of Pensions.

It will mean you are paying twice, UK Tax and then the Tax of whichever Country you live in.

It also means the end of the EHICS Card, you will be paying for Health Insurance.

The only exceptions to this will be Ex Military and Government Employees.

That is a convention that will continue even in the event of a No Deal.

Suits me. I pay tax on my pensions and would welcome the extra money.

No problem. We always take out health insurance wherever we travel abroad.

Hi

What part of this do you not understand?

You will pay Tax here in the UK on your Pension.

You will then pay Tax on the Nett amount in the Country you are living in.

It is Double Taxation, a huge reduction in your living Standards.

You will also have to pay Full Medical Costs, the NHS will be paying Naff All.

You need to stop living in Fantasy Land.

After Brexit you will have no right to move to any EU Country at all.

Do my eyes deceive me? :shock:
You said:
Originally Posted by swimfeeders →
No Deal means the end of UK Taxation of Pensions.

I like the sound of that.

And I shall be living in the UK, so I shall not pay foreigners as well. :smiley:

You could mind your own business.

Rubbish!

You only pay tax on the income you’ve earned in the country you’ve moved to but not on any income earned in the country you’ve left. That includes your pension. I know this to be true from living and working in South Africa.

Whilst it’s true you’ll have to take out private health insurance instead of being covered by the NHS, the only difference will be that the Insurance company will pick up and pay the bill instead of the NHS.

Asfor having NO RIGHT to move to any other EU country, well that’s just a figment of your imagination!

Try reading this!

And this from the British Ambassador in Hungary

Hi

A No Deal means all existing Taxation Agreements cease.

The agreements which where to be carried forward as part of the Withdrawal Agreement.

If that agreement is voted down in the UK Parliament any promises made to date fail.

Hungary may well decide to come to a Dual Taxation Agreement, it may not.

At the moment, UK Pensioners living in the EU get Annual Pension Increases, in some other Countries they get do not get their Annual Increase.

After Brexit, the UK Government will have to decide if this continues to be the case.

The UK is ending Free Movement, introducing Residency Qualifications, the EU will do the same, retiring to the EU is no longer a given.

The fall in the value of the £ is already having an impact, some are having to return to the UK.

That’s not true, I mean, it might be true in South Africa but it is not true elsewhere.

Foreign income has to be declared in Australia whether you are a wage earner or a pensioner. I don’t know what the tax rates for foreign income are but I understand that foreign tax is taken into account and is added to your income however some people like defence force personnel are exempt from tax on overseas earnings but must still declare the income (I know that because my son came back from the Gulf war with money to burn).

As a pensioner every dollar of UK pension also reduces your Australian pension by 50c. It also counts toward your taxable income as does your Australian pension (however most pensioners never reach the threshold to pay tax - which I believe is about $30000).

The ironic thing is that my superannuation is tax free and doesn’t count toward income but it does count as an asset which does affect pension entitlements.

I think I have mentioned before a UK pensioner I knew vaguely who had to return to the UK when our dollar rose a few years back - it eventually reached 70p ($1.10US) but he was badly affected long before that.

He said that it was a struggle living in Australia on an English pension when things were normal (ie $1Aus= 50p) but as the pound fell it became impossible. (I don’t know what the English pension is but our single pension is about $920 a fortnight or about £230 a week - couples get slightly less than twice as much - there are some extras such as rent allowance for people who don’t own a home, I think)

If the pound does fall dramatically in March then you can expect this sort of thing to be repeated.

I paid tax on the income I earned in South Africa, but was only liable for tax if the interest on any income brought into SA from the UK was over a certain amount.

This should give more clarification …

I don’t need clarification, I don’t care what they do in South Africa - I merely point out that because something happens in one country it cannot be used to say that it is the same everywhere.

I watched a police officer move abroad the other day - he had her handcuffed and she was most vocal - she kept shouting " I know I can be very moving but I AM NOT a moving broad?"

I see there are thousands of south americans on the move desiring to move abroad?

recent posting!!

My sister lives in CA - I have visited and would consider it to be one of the safest; most peaceful and friendliest countries in the world and YET it has spawned one of if not the most horrific bikie gang in the world?? - you can have it some ways but not all ways!!