More Covid vaccinations

We are going for our Covid jabs at 2.30 this afternoon. This will be our 8th vaccination and it has certainly helped us through the covid years to reach 84 and 86. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good on yer Mags… :+1:

1 Like

Covid is still here july , and still killing people ,especially the vaccines that they are still pumping into people
Giving them long term covid also ….

We never had any jabs , and my husband is a stroke victim ,
He was told not to have any ,because of the blood clot issues

From 2020, we have lived normal lives , wearing masks when told to, and we have not suffered one cold and even our hay fever has gone …

Unlike vaccine users , who cant seem to lose there coughs, and runny noses !!
What is the answer i ask……!
Common sense i guess

1 Like

The government told us about this situation 18 months ago, it’s called “Learning to live with Covid”, it’s unlike learning to live with influenza, that is seasonable and strain predictable, Covid is 24/7/365 and unpredictable IMO.

1 Like

I had covid back in 2020 and I thought I was going to die, fortunately I did not need medical assistance, even though I had suffered two heart attacks in the past, and a heart that now is only 38% efficient. I tested positive for covid last year, It was no more serious than a cold and lasted just 3 days. Do you think that unvaxxed people who survived covid the first time round had built up long lasting resistance, without the side effects that are now being experienced from the vaccines, and was one of the reasons why covid is now on the decline? Isn’t that how viruses have been defeated in the past before vaccines?

Yes I think built up immunity is one of the reasons Covid severity is declining - immunity built up through either or both of vaccination and natural immunity

and yes that is how immunity built up before vaccines - for those who survived the disease

Most people have minimal, if any, side effects from the vaccine - so risk vs benifit - better to build up immunity by vaccination without risking death or side effects of the diseaase.

No, the vaccines are not giving people long term Covid.

and yes Covid is still here ( was anyone disputing that?? ) and still killing people - but far less people dying from it now that we have vaccinations and anti virals.

of course like most vaccines there are some people who cannot have them (strokes are not a contraindication here though)

and no, I am not seeing vaccine users having more coughs or runny noses.

Wearing masks probably protected you form all airborne viruses - and possibly from hay fever triggers

but no, I am not seeing vaccine users having more coughs or runny noses.

3 Likes

Perhaps it’s just a climate thing here in the UK after the winter July.
I personally have seen lots of people, who have had longer than usual coughs and colds over the winter, even on this forum, most of whom have been vaxxed.

1 Like

My son , daughter in law , and 2 yr old grandaughter , had a cold , with ill effects for 4 months , with all having to take antibiotics twice !
All jabbed ……

1 Like

Antibiotics dont work on Colds.

Antibiotics - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

2 Likes

Cosmos that is a very small sample size - drawing conclusions from that would be meaningless

and as Galty said, antibiotics are not for colds or viral infections like influenza or Covid

yes, more people may have had colds etc if winter has been harsh.

In the first winter after lockdown we had that there too

and of course most of those people will have been vaccianted for Covid - since most of the population is.

But what was claimed was that people were getting colds more if vaccianated than if not vaccinated - and there is no evidence to support that.

They had infections from the colds galty, chest and ear infections

I dont think most of the population has been vaccinated july , from what i read recently …but , you get all different stories, !!

Yes i do know that july , as ive just replied to galty

ONS says

In the UK by the end of August 2022, of those aged 12 years and over:

• 93.6% had received a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
  • 88.2% had received a second dose
  • 70.2% had received three or more doses

ONS Link

These are the people who know, not some raving conspiracy theorists.

1 Like

so, that is certainly most people in UK.

In Australia over 90% of the adult population have have at least 2 doses.

Of course they know d00d, they would never do anything to mislead the public would they…

I might get around to booking the jab. I’ve had all those offered in the past. Recent troubles seem to have to have eclipsed the priority at present.

1 Like

Funny you should mention that. I confess it has crossed my mind, ahem, 93.6% had the first jab! I seem to remember antivaxxers demonstrating in the street, world No.1 tennis player getting mountains of support. I guess there were lots of people getting it done on the quiet, whilst talking tough.

1 Like