Mo Farah is not my real name and my life story was fake, says Olympic champion

Well I still think that no 8 yr old is capable of making big decisions about their future. They just have to do what they’re told.
I’ll leave it there for now. :slightly_smiling_face:

I imagine that Mo Farrar will have checked what his legal position was in relation to his citizenship before he agreed to make his past public.

The Home Office have already said they won’t be taking any action.

But they don’t usually give then knighthoods.

1 Like

@The_Artful_Todger ,Yeah, prosessed and decisions made !!
But no action taken ???
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

What’s that got to do with the price of fish?
He seems to have worked hard and earned the things that have been granted, he’s not just sponged of the state like many do.

I wonder if it weren’t Mo Farrah and just some Mohammed off the street that’s unknown, if he would have been treat with such compassion, or would he have been deported? Mo is a nice bloke, popular bloke, perhaps that comes into how people are so tolerant of the situation. I can imagine lots of shouts of ‘he should be deported’ He’s an illegal. Of course I feel sorry for his worry he’s had over this for goodness knows how long but should we let every single illegal stay because we feel sorry for them.

Something has to give, we can’t just let all and sundry in because we feel sorry for them.

I hope you understand my meaning

2 Likes

Yes, I agree with that, Queenie. But every person’s case is different, and none of us know the first thing about his story yet. Let’s wait until we know a bit more.

Yes, he’s done rather well out of being here, hasn’t he.

2 Likes

We know enough.

How come? Have you privileged inside information that we haven’t?

1 Like

@LionQueen , lts ok LQ, I Understand Exactly !!
I only wish more of us could see it too ??
Donkeyman! :-1::-1:

Yes - it’s called the blatantly obvious.

And probably never would have known if he’d kept his mouth shut. It doesn’t seem that any action is going to be taken, but he could hardly complain had it been otherwise. :102:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Boot.
I don’t know enough about Mo Farrar so have no strong opinion , but I am ashamed that some people put such a low value on anybody’s life that they will lock them in trucks, where many die, for their own financial benefit.
It seems that UK law has lost the ability to punish harshly enough to keep this country as good as it used to be! :worried:

Well I’m glad it aint me!
I would hate to be hung, drawn and quartered before I had a chance to speak.

That’s a touch dramatic, Mups. :slightly_smiling_face:

In that case, if you have reached your decision in advance, it seems it pays to never be truthful and own up, but better to deceive everyone forever.
Is that how you feel?

Yes. I’d make a good drama queen my dear. :smiley:

1 Like

It pays to be honest from the get-go.

Although the documentary is being aired on TV tonight, it was announced that it would be available to view on BBC iPlayer from this morning.

I just checked and you can view it on iPlayer now - The Real Mo Farah

I haven’t watched it yet but have seen enough in the clips to agree with the Home Office decision not to take any action against Mo Farah.

Mo was not culpable for travelling on false papers when he was a young child - he cannot be held to account for someone else bringing him here with false documents and now that he has grown up in UK and lived here for so many years, it’s too late to turn back the clock.