Missing in your supermarket today? Daily list

Happy to say there seems to be no shortages here…. not seen people with Trolley loads of toilet paper usually associated with panic buying

Maybe (let’s hope) after the few days of petrol queues and panic buying, due to reports of an imminent petrol shortage, people have become a tad wiser

It does seem as though selective items are missing and they try to fill the gaps with other things. So you might not notice unless you are looking for specific brands/items. Although the whole aisle of ice cream being bare was particularly upsetting the other day. A craving is a craving after all.

Our local Co-op didn’t seem to have a shortage of anything. I got what I wanted this afternoon.

I was in Tesco supermarket yesterday and the long fridge that holds the various types of milk was completely empty.
My heart fell as l thought this meant there was a national shortage of milk.

How relieved l was to see a note pinned on the side. ‘Freezer Out Of Order’.

3 Likes

Since the pandemic I’ve had my groceries delivered with very few substitutions or missing items.
However while in Boots the chemist last week the missing items and empty shelves were obvious.
Large cardboard messages were everywhere on empty shelving
“arriving soon”

Our supermarkets are fully stocked

Sainsbury’s have been very good with their deliveries.

Cuticura Talc could not be found today. It is a very popular product in my town and it leaves the shelves quickly between deliveries.

We like pumpkin seeds, slightly toasted, in our porridge at breakfast and/or as a nibble later in the day. Lidl are favourite. But they are clean out.

Ocado are totally out of pet food. Is anyone else finding it difficult sourcing?

Our M&S had everything we wanted this morning except for my Jazz apples so, I bought Cox’s instead.

Redditch Sainsbury’s no orange juice, pineapple juice, some fresh fruit like nectarines, peaches, apricots and white grapefruit. strawberries are hit and miss.
Did have trouble with sugar and ice cream but now that’s ok and the frozen chips and peas, also frozen raspberries are ok.
They haven’t got the gateaux that we usually have for Christmas but that might be later.

1 Like

Not missing or a shelf item, but I cant help noticing that since the huge hike in petrol/diesel prices at the pumps, there are no queues and every filling station has fuel in abundance.

Sainsbury’s have the pineapple juice in now.

1 Like

Two local co-ops haven’t had their delicious own brand chocolate ice cream in for about two months now. They are very low on most other flavours too.
Cant get the Waitrose one i like either.

Sainsbury’s run out of napping sacks that we use to clean up after our dogs and cling film had to go to morissons for both. The other day they didn’t have the 4pt cartons of milk only the small ones, morissons again.

2 Likes

There seem to be all sorts of things missing in Sainsbury’s recently. No loose red peppers but lots of red peppers in multipacks so you have to buy the horrid green ones too. You have to go to a few supermarkets to buy everything you need.

1 Like

Saltine Crackers can’t find them any where.

2 Likes

I live out of town so normally order online, click and collect as too far for delivery.
But…might as well go in a shop, although not sure that will help much.
When I go to collect the order there is a list of what is missing longer than what has been packed!
have to get a lot busier in the veggie garden! Though I have no idea how to grow the kids treats…I am sure they are beginning to plot my murder and it isn’t even my fault!

1 Like