Microwave ovens - what do you use yours for?

We use ours for cooking baked potatoes before baking.

Ms d00d warms milk for coffee.

We sometimes have something from the freezer that takes all day to defrost. We keep it in the MW - switched off - just seem a good cupboard to keep it.

What do you use yours for?

1 Like

Left over food mainly.

Baked potaotoes, warming up milk for cereal, defrosting veg etc. It doesn’t get used that much now I think about it.

And I’d forgotten about the Biryani takeaways that need warming up.

Heating water for tea, heating soups, melting butter for recipes, heating doughnuts, or pastries to make them soft again, frozen veggies in the bag made for microwaving, Hotpockets, and much more.

DooD! You eat briyani :058:

Nothing - wouldn’t have one as a gift!:-D:-D

Heating up leftovers.

Bang goes your Christmas pressie then. :smiley:

Same here Tabby, never owned one, and never will…

Ooops :blush::blush:

I was gifted one as a ‘house warming’ present when I moved in here - but I didn’t like anything that came out of it. It was used for storage for a while - then I put it out for the rag and bone man.

I use mine daily for a whole host of things.

I use mine for lots of things all the usual like heating home made bread rolls straight from the freezer, making my morning porridge, a quick white sauce , melting chocolate , a few moments for jacket potatoes to reduce the time in the oven.
Plus a couple of less usual things like fatless potato crisps and a sponge pudding that cooks in a couple of minutes.

We use ours less and less as time goes by. These days we only really use it to heat up leftovers or unfinished coffees. (not tea) Even with leftovers they are not that much good. A curry or stir fry is OK but that’s about it. They either make things soggy and soft or rock hard. I am fussy about my cooking and I like natural heat - preferably gas.

There’s a Pakistani takeaway near us, we have a special arrangement with them, for £5 we get a box of briyani spicy rice, no chicken because the bits are mostly bone and we don’t want waste filling the box, plus a large dollop of the hottest curry sauce on top. We take it home, microwave for dinner, we have kefir in the fridge, always goes well. :smiley:

I put instant coffee in mine…so I can travel through time…:lol:

You too!..man isn’t that the bomb!?..You should try it with a dash of cinnamon and…umm…never mind. :lol:

Am I missing something here with the microwave coffee? Does it become more potent? :twisted:

No never mind Pixie Knuckles. I’m just getting in touch with my inner moron again. :mrgreen: