Microchip implanted under the skin could be your COVID vaccine passport

Nothing to stop someone stealing implants or making them up from scratch and reprogramming their own identity. Just because they are under the skin won’t stop criminals. The whole idea is nuts, but I guess young uns will comply because it will be sold as cool and expedient.

1 Like

I agree. Thieves dig 'em out of stolen dogs, Annie, so cant see why they wouldnt dig them out of humans as well.

2 Likes

If we all went back to using cash, it wouldn’t be so important for you to keep proving who you are. Cut out the middle man Annie…No! Seriously! I’m going back to using cash where ever I can…

1 Like

Why stop at cash? Why not barter/trade? Why place arbitrary value in something that in now way directly sustains or supports human well-being?
ok, I’ll stop…all heavy and hippie all of a sudden…

I completely agree Lucy, cash used to be something most people worked for to buy the necessities of life, now it rules everything we do…

2 Likes

glad someone agrees. thought for a moment I might have to get dreadlocks, shift to a commune and stop shaving my armpits and legs

Sounds like reasonable behaviour to me Lucy…Continue with shaving…It’s what I do… :sunglasses:

that is what people do when faced with such changes. I was told by someone in the know from a Greek island. Of course such arrangements have no legal basis so easy to be let down.

1 Like

I traveled through South America years ago, when the inflation rate in Argentina was something ridiculous lie %600! A couple of pairs of Levis jeans worked out to be worth a fortune and equally the same for my husbands sunglasses. We weren’t able to even exchange the pesos in Spain on a stop over for the return flight, told it was literally not worth the paper it was printed on…
I still have that money stashed somewhere lol

I had a similar experience with Yugoslav money in the very early 70s, I don’t think inflation was the problem but you couldn’t change it for anything else.

In a similar situation I have nearly 800 pounds sterling that I have been trying to get rid of for the last two years but there are no money changers anymore. I bought it when the Aussie dollar was US$1.10 so now it is worth about US72c I should make a bit of a profit but no one wants it.

1 Like

Keep it…you can buy me lunch

1 Like

I completely agree with you there, Swimmy.

Some of us never stopped, Foxy! I have a debit card for buying on line - everything else is paid for by cash.

1 Like

Yep, cash is forth coming today, I love it. :grinning:

1 Like

Spread the love, I want to cash in too :dollar: :moneybag:

Money, it’s a crime
Share it fairly but don’t take a slice of my pie
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today

But if you ask for a raise
It’s no surprise that they’re giving none away

Okay…I wanna say Pink Floyd?

Or the ‘Beatles’…?