Metropolitan Police to investigate No 10 lockdown parties - More Fines Issued

Integrity? INTEGRITY?? From an MP? PMSL!! There has not been such an individual since the rotten boroughs. They are all out to feather their own nests and always will be.

2 Likes

But you just accepting that enables them to take more and more liberties like Johnson and think they can get away with it

We should call them out on every single, nasty little corrupt thing they do.

It might not change what they are but at least it holds their toes to the fire and stops them getting too cheeky

Plus it eliminates the truly thick and arrogant like Johnson

If we can’t raise the integrity level in our PMs, perhaps with can improve the intelligence average, because it’s the thick ones who let themselves get caught. :rofl:

The truly thick? Have you seen Labour’s front bench lately? Hardly gifted with intelligence, are they?

1 Like

Whataboutery again?

However thick the Labour front bench might or might not be, it doesn’t make thicko Johnson any smarter! :rofl:

If Boris is thick, how in God’s name did he get into Balliol College, Oxford to read Classics? And before you say owt, yes, I’ve Googled Capt Hindsight too. He got his first degree in Law at Leeds University followed by a second degree from St Edmund Hall, Oxford, in Civil Law.

1 Like

Johnson probably lied his way in and got someone else to do the work :rofl:

That’s his style as PM, so at least it would mean he’s consistent :rage:

Being able to pass exams isn’t necessarily a sign of high intelligence. Nor is being a member of a wealthy family with connections and nor is going to a private school with a lot of historical old boy network connections. So let’s not use academic “achievements” as a measure of wit, guile, scruples nor intelligence.

Let’s not forget that Diane Abbott got a degree from Cambridge.

That makes me SO pleased I worked for mine via Brunel :ok_hand::+1:
… and not forgetting hers was only a 2:2 She was also coached by Simon Schama which accounts for her attitude.

1 Like

Anyone see Kier Starmer being questioned on Breakfast tv this morning?

He never answered one single question straight.

Instead of answering the questions asked, every single time he started laying in to Boris instead, so avoiding the question.

He never once looked at the interviewer as he replied, just looked down at the floor every time he spoke.

I can’t stand the man. His body language said more than he did.

3 Likes

I didn’t see it, but he makes me squirm with his squeaky clean pretence and his hypocrisy. Just read this article:

Keir Starmer says Carrie Johnson MUST be named if she is fined over Partygate probe (but insists families shouldn’t be dragged into politics when asked about his own wife)

I agree with the majority:

Good article and I agree with Tony Blair:

2 Likes

Same here, Wendeey.
I feel the same as you about him.

2 Likes

After the Metropolitan police said on Monday that they were issuing 20 penalty notices, emails have gone out to some of those involved, who the police “have a reasonable belief” attended gatherings during lockdown.

Government sources said the Met appeared to have tackled the “low-hanging fruit first” by concentrating on parties where those involved had acknowledged their participation.

The Met suggested the fines were issued as part of a “first tranche”, indicating that more could be handed out in relation to more complicated events where those involved are denying having attended illegal gatherings.

One of the events where some of the people in attendance are believed to have got fines is a leaving party on 18 June, which was held for a departing No 10 aide.

Wednesday 2 February 2022

On 18 June 2020, an event at the Cabinet Office involved “the departure of a No 10 private secretary”, allegedly senior diplomat Hannah Young. She was Mr Johnson’s lead official on home affairs policy and left to become deputy consul general in New York.

There were allegedly 20 people, alcohol was being drunk and Martin Reynolds, the PM’s principal private secretary who organised the “bring your own booze” party, was there and had, allegedly, earlier contacted senior advisers for advice on holding the leaving do.

Regulations at the time banned indoor mixing, with the rule of six applied to outdoors.

You really need to see the re-runs of Yes Prime Minister

This is what they do.

1 Like

The original House of Cards with Ian Richardson is a must watch too.
I’ve just watched it again via a set of DVD’s I found in Age UK shop in an unopened box-set for £2 … £2 very well spent :+1:

2 Likes

Loved that series! :+1:

1 Like

The man is Janus personified if you me. A two-faced hypocrite if ever there was.

2 Likes

The Prime Minister stood before a liaison committee of senior MPs today (March 30) where he dodged questions on whether he believed the ‘partygate’ scandal was in direct breach of the government’s own lockdown rules imposed across the country. One question, in particular, asked Mr Johnson if he believed he would be “toast” if the police handed him a fine for breaking his own rules - he refused to comment.

It comes after Justice Secretary Dominic Raab said the issuing of fines is a sign that “there were breaches of the law”. He told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “Clearly there were breaches of the regulations. That is the only thing that can warrant the 20 fixed penalty notices. That must follow.”

In BJ’s world, rules are for mugs … :man_shrugging:

Hi

The point of the exercise is that the law applies to all.