Memory foam mattresses

I found the memory foam pillow hard (not smelly though) but that was mostly because it is a large pillow and we only had standard-size pillow cases. This compressed the foam from the start.

Mrs mart opened one side of the pillow cases and stitched in a bit of extra material, so giving the foam room to move about. That cured the problem and I prefer the memory foam pillow to any other now.

I got the memory foam pillow later, and love it too. The mattress eliminated the back pain, and the pillow the neck pain.

Im still visualising Val doing a princess & the pea impersonation (with a peg on her nose)!!!

:005: :005: :005:

Sorry folks, I’ve been decorating and we’ve had plumbers in, then I managed to get a cold. Back now thank goodness. I just love the topper, it felt a bit cold when first getting in bed but oh the relief on the body. It supports it, no more neck pain or back pain and Frank says yes its okay, that is praise indeed.:smiley: I don’t think I could manage without one now. Our Sarah is waiting for her new bed to arrive , should be today, she’s be sleeping with just her topper on the floor for a few days , its that comfy.Highly recommend one.
lol Love the princess and the pea impression, not awake long enough more like rumpelstiltskin.http://www.smileycons.com/img/big-smileys/2873.gif

Glad to hear it’s such a success, Val! Are you going to try a pillow?

I’ve had 2 free pillows delivered with one of the kids toppers, I’m not too sure if they’re memory ones or not, but I won’t be buying any pillows, I’ve got them coming out my ears, I’m very happy with just the topper for now.

My neck used to be so stiff and sore in the morning that when I was crossing a street I couldn’t move my neck to look both ways, had to actually move my body. No more!

I know that feeling Eileen and it didn’t ease up during the day either, the only temporary relief was taking pain killers and they upset my system so can’t live on them. Its such a joy to wake up comfortable and refreshed. My sons comment was whats that thing on my bed, the jury is still out whether he likes it but he did say they are supposed to help backs aren’t they? so obviously he’s heard good comments from somewhere about them.

I’m glad you’re so pleased with your topper, Val. :smiley:

I, too, was another back and neck ache sufferer but since I bought my topper a few years ago the improvement has been immense.

:-)I have a Tempur mattress,which I bought about 8 years ago,I can truthfully say that I do not regret paying what I did for it (£900) worth every penny. It is cool in the summer and warm in the winter,and as I have had a problem with my back for many years,it is the perfect support for such. It is I think about 6 to 8 inches deep. I cannot imagine being without it,so if you get the chance to buy one,indulge yourself! By the way it needs 2 people to turn it,do not try by yourself!!!:mrgreen:

It certainly pays to get the right mattress, I’d make sure we always had one now.

Im hoping for the invention of one that improves my memory!!

Now you’re expecting miracles, if you find it send me a pm, I need to get my hands on it before everyone else does.:lol::lol:

LOL @ the two of you! I want one too!

Sorry for this little off topic comment but yesterday at the surgery my Dr gave me some info and then got a piece of paper and said ‘I’d better write it down for you as you’ll never remember this’ I laughed and said you know me so well and he replied ‘One of us has to keep on top of things’ lol

You sound like me, ive got the pillow top mattress, then a matress topper, then a mattress cover then the sheet, lovely and comfortable! :slight_smile:

Sounds like the topper is a hit with quite a few of us! :smiley:

I have my topper in it’s own cover on top of the old coil spring mattress, then the sheet. Wouldn’t be without it. The makers are getting a lot of good publicity here although they don’t know it.

Yes we should have commission, I hope they don’t bring out toppers to go on toppers, we’ll need a ladder to get into bed, climbing into bed brings on a whole new meaning. It isn’t just us oldies that love them, the youngsters do to but I think we need them, they should be available on the NHS. :smiley: