Memory foam mattresses

Thanks Mags I’ve been looking at many different sites and all the reviews, the only minus points was the smell, which seems to go eventually and the sheets not fitting, in one case the topper didn’t fit the underlying mattress and it moved but the chap did say he was quite heavy but so are we :smiley: I don’t want to end up on the floor.:shock: I think I’m going to go for one though, it might help with the breathing.

I recall that new foamy smell at the beginning, I thought “Oh no!” but it didn’t take all that long to disappear. :wink:

My topper has never slipped, in fact the foam appeared to ‘grip’ onto the mattress.

My advice would be to go for the thickest one you can afford, I have heard that the thinner ones do not give the same comfort.

Thank you so much for the advice Mags.http://www.smileycons.com/img/default/0667.gif

Smell?? I never noticed a smell when I got my topper. It doesn’t slide around, either.

Jolly good, I’ve just ordered one, this internet spending is so tempting. I had a look at the density and thickness you need for the weight of yourselves so hopefully I’ve got the right one. They aren’t cheap are they? Still its done now, I hope its worth it, I’m sure it will be.:smiley:

Do let us know what you think after you’ve tried it. I just love mine.

Yes I will, I might even splash out and get one for the kids beds but I’ll try it first. I just know Frank will moan if he knows its there so I’m just going to put it on the bed without telling him. He hates change and anything new.:slight_smile:

Well I’m still waiting for it to arrive, I sent them an email, its being sent off today hopefully. I’ve ordered a couple more for the kids beds, well they’re kids to me, this time from ebay, cheaper and I hope arrive quicker.

I hope it comes soon, Val!

I evicted my memory foam pillow as the smell was revolting! Mine was too hard and made my ears burn :frowning: horrible thing!

It arrived today and thank goodness Frank was about, so much for me trying to do it on my own. I never realised how heavy it is, we’ve got it upstairs on the bed can’t wait to try it out tonight, I think my bedtime is going to be early, I must admit I’m so relieved it arrived, I thought for awhile there I’d been conned.It makes the mind work overtime.

Glad it’s arrived Val! :smiley:

Be aware that because of the newness you will get a slight odour from the foam, this should vanish within about a week of using the topper;-)

Happy sleeping tonight, awaiting your report tomorrow … :015:

We’ve been doing some painting in our Sarahs room so all we can smell in the house is paint, its awful, we’ve been glossing the paintwork, horrible stuff. I don’t think we’re going to notice the smell of the foam. We’ll probably just crash out.:smiley:

Glad it came, look forward to your report, Val!

Update val?

Maybe she’s still sleeping ?! :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: good one Eileen!

Lol!!! :smiley:

:lol::lol: very witty Dandysmom :slight_smile:

:mrgreen: I try …