Medical cannabis

Carol, just thought of something else.
Down here they do ‘Pain Clinics’ for people with long term pain.

Would that be worth asking your GP about?
Have you also tried a physio for specific daily back exercises?

Don’t even go there, Carol. I appreciate you are in pain and it must be dreadful for you - but no where near so bad as the consequences of taking adulterated cannabis could be. A lot of the ‘street’ stuff is mixed with weeds/herbs which, while harmless on their own, may counteract very badly with your other medication. Not only that - but have you considered what would happen to Tony if you were caught and arrested?

I am sure if you asked your GP you would have a sympathetic response.

As for actually taking taking it - yes - following major surgery in 2003 I was asked by the Pain Management Team if I would be willing to be a test case for them. As I was a member of staff at the time and appreciated what they had done for me I agreed. It was a bit surreal to begin with but it did keep me pain free - enough to be up and about within 24 hours.

2 Likes

The Pain Clinics are a good idea - at least in theory. Mr P attends one online in the form of a Zoom meeting. So far they have suggested he obtains his medication weekly instead of monthly, so that its making it easier to manage :roll_eyes:

1 Like

[quote=“SilverTabby, post:24, topic:85719”]
Don’t even go there, Carol. I appreciate you are in pain and it must be dreadful for you - but no where near so bad as the consequences of taking adulterated cannabis could be. A lot of the ‘street’ stuff is mixed with weeds/herbs which, while harmless on their own, may counteract very badly with your other medication. Not only that - but have you considered what would happen to Tony if you were caught and arrested?

Sensible post, Tabs. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for your comments everybody.

Co-codamol has been mentioned but codeine makes me violently sick so that’s out.

I looked up the OxyNorm pills that Bruce takes but they are opioid based and at the moment I’m suffering withdrawal from opioid medication. I wouldn’t want to start that again.

Tramaol has been mentioned but that also is addictive & not advised for long term.

Pain clinics: As the most powerful meds make me vomit I don’t know what they could do. I know somebody who went to one & they said it was useless.

Medical cannabis doesn’t appear to rot the stomach same as strong painkillers. I was under the impression that it had less side effects & was safer.

I’ll stick with asking my doctor about it & see what she says.

Opioids are highly addictive
Medical marijuana doesn’t rot the stomach lining
It looks like you guys do have medical marijuana and it’s been legal there since 2018. It would be a good idea to ask your doctor about it.

Medical marijuana has successfully helped many get off opioids. One of my patients I legally grew for was completely addicted to them and successfully got off them. It’s not a perfect drug and has limitations. Before going to see your doctor you might want to research information on people using this as an alternative to opioids to show. Maybe print off some copies for her.

The reason I say this is for the reason that most doctors don’t know anything about this. Their insurance doesn’t cover medical marijuana so they are warned not to prescribe it.

1 Like

Very wise. You have to stay safe - we need you in here!

I wish I had wise words for you Carol…I just hope the condition eases soon for you x

I heard somewhere, some time ago, that it’s difficult to separate the THC from the CBD. Is that the case @Bratti and is that why the medical stuff contains THC?

1 Like

Pain clinics: As the most powerful meds make me vomit I don’t know what they could do. I know somebody who went to one & they said it was useless.

Carol, that is like saying one person didn’t like Asda, so you won’t go either!
Maybe the person your friend saw was useless, or maybe her cause of pain was not remotely the same as yours, I don’t know, but don’t condemn them all because of just one report.

If you don’t get on with it, at least you will know you tried.
And if it does help, you will be glad you went.

I’m sorry to know you are in such pain. I dont have any answers, wish I did. Dont go down the illegal route carol, they put god knows what in street drugs, they don’t care if they kill you just as long as they get their greedy mitts on your money.

I think I would ask my doctor about medical cannabis.

I think its time they legalised cannabis for medicinal purposes. Its a natural plant that has healing and pain control properties in it.

Good luck, x

I think I would ask my doctor about medical cannabis.

Queenie, I have just found this about cannabis on the Government website.

Carol, you’d best have a read. It seems medical cannabis is legal and has been prescribed for some time.

Oh I didn’t know that.

Good move i reckon .

Thz for info mupsy

Thanks Mups, but …

They’re being mean with it. Here’s an NHS page from the same date, as @MrFraggle67 posted above:

It does say the info is due for renewal on 1 Nov 2021

Holland & Barrett the Health Group Stores were selling the Cannabis Oil.
My daughter bought some from there a couple of years ago…no success with pain for me though… Seen it here in the local Pharmacy as well…Dont know when they started stocking it here in France though because I know the powers than be were very strict about allowing it…

[quote=“d00d, post:36, topic:85719”]
It does say the info is due for renewal on 1 Nov 2021

I wonder which way it was go on renewal day, dOOd?
Will prescriptions become more flexible, or the opposite.
Not long to wait.

1 Like

Yes. It’ takes expensive equipment to do that but one can order strains with low THC content or purchase CBD oil made from hemp which doesn’t contain any THC. Technically CBD oil made from hemp ‘should’ be legal everywhere.
THC works incredibly at relieving pain. That’s why compassion clubs opened. Cancer patients who were nauseous due to chemo are often helped by cannabis. It would also increase appetite.

Another thing that I forgot to mention is that if you can get into a compassion club to get your quality grade supply, you have a better , easier chance of becoming legal.

1 Like

You buy seeds online and grow a couple of trees in a conservatory or a greenhouse. By the next September you have a lot of marujuana. Dry it for a fortnight.

If you are not in pain you are stoned every day for about nine months, and probably more appropriate for a mid-twenties type of an activity. Also disproportionate paranoia with visitors/flyovers and such.

1 Like

You can buy seeds online and grow your own. If you do that just make sure you buy feminized seeds. That means the seeds are guaranteed female and it prevents you from having to pick out the females and destroy the males. The males will pollinate snd seed your females. You don’t want that. It’s only the female plants that create big buds. Over here every household can legally grow 4 plants. If you start the seedlings early, prune them, so you get more bud sites, you can grow enough to last quite a while.

The small leaves can be used to make canna tea which is a nice soothing drink, not a high you’d get in your twenties.

And yes cannabis can cause paranoia. If you have a paranoid personality, this might not be for you. It can make it worse. This definitely isn’t for everyone. Some people shouldn’t have it at all but everyone should be able to have a choice.
( in my opinion )

2 Likes

[quote=“Mups, post:38, topic:85719, full:true”]

More flexible, the opposite or nothing. Hmmmm