Me and eggs

I find meal times troublesome lately. I struggle to find a big enough variety of things to last me a week. I often become fed up with certain food, and then have a problem in finding something to replace it with. So, I was happy when, quite by accident, I found myself watching a Youtube video demonstrating how easy and rewarding egg fried rice is. I had heard of it before, but knew nothing about it. Anyway, I tried cooking it, I liked it, and was pleased to have taken a step towards solving my problem. It was only after incorporating it into my weekly menu that I realised it had also created a problem.

I make an omelette once a week, using three eggs. I buy eggs in sixes, that being the minimum available quantity. This means I buy eggs every other week, and it works out okay. But now, I also use two eggs for the fried rice, bringing my usage up to five eggs per week. So, at the end of the first week, I have an egg left over. I buy six eggs on the following week, and end up with two left over. You see where this is going? For every four weeks in five, I am over stocked with eggs; it is only on the fifth week that I have exactly the right number of eggs for my needs. After being used to only having too many eggs around the place every other week, I am finding it hard to adapt to my new situation.

Some might say, what’s the big deal? just boil the left over egg; Start each week with a blank slate. Well I’m not that sort of person, I’m afraid. I have principles, and I don’t see why I should have to eat a boiled egg every week when I don’t want one. This, on top of already having to deal with being forced to cope with two pints of milk per week, when I only want one, is really getting on top of me. And it doesn’t end there.

There’s the grated cheese. One packet is probably enough to sprinkle half a dozen omelettes. That’s six weeks worth of omelettes; an opened pack of cheese lasts nowhere near that long. I don’t use it for anything else. I must be doing something wrong; other people don’t seem to have these problems; at least I never hear anybody mention them, whereas I tell anyone who’ll listen. Although they usually stop listening before I’ve finished. Nobody cares.

1 Like

I’m sure I have seen boxes of four eggs somewhere if that helps? :-p See, we do care.

Morrisons sell loose eggs 20p per egg.

Not really, but at least you listened.

For a moment there I thought You were a Scot…but I see You’re from Yorkshire…now it all makes sense!..I think I saw You on TV at Christmas going by the Name of Ebinezer :-p

:-p

Also, did you know that in these times of modern technology, you can buy egg fried rice ready made from a Chinese take away? You can even order it on your computer during lockdown. Failing that, supermarkets sell it but it’s not quite as good and requires the use of a popty ping plus a table spoon of tap water.

Simple answer, eat more eggs…:wink:

Tuppence is tuppence as they say. :wink:

Or go to work on one. :lol:

Or go mad and have a kipper instead :lol:

Many supermarkets sell boxes of 10 eggs, a box of 10 would give you 2 weeks of eggs with none left over.

Calm it down May! :-p

:038:

Your maths is better than mine. :-p

i’m surprised I can still do my sums at my age! :mrgreen:

See, all those Pie charts they talked about at school was for a good reason. Pies need eggs too. :wink:

That would be ideal, could you give me a list of shops in my area that sell them in tens? :slight_smile:

Thanks, in anticipation. :smiley:

Clarence Court Burford Browns Free Range Eggs 10 per pack
(29)Leave a review

Suitable for vegetarians
LIFE 1w+
£3.50

I was listening right to the end.

How about making Bread and Butter Pudding, we love it.

All this from one left over egg at the end of the week?

Simples … no problem.
Want to help wildlife?
Boil it or scramble it and make a hedgehog happy and a friend for life!
Hedgies love eggs.

I can foresee problems with the bread. :frowning: