Max and us - our fourth anniversary

Today is the fourth anniversary of when we got Max, our dog from the rescue centre. I posted that on the rescue centre web page with a picture of him wading in water in Watford. The response has been amazing with some lovely comments.
This from the proprietor of the rescue centre:

Happy gotcha day handsome. You chose superbly Max. x

That gave me a smile…:smiley:

1 Like

Aww Bes
That’s lovely x

He does look an adorable dog

I think if I ever got a dog I’d get a Welsh border collie
They seem to have a calm temperament and seem loyal and intelligent

(I hope it is a wb collie… Now that it’s typed forever!)

Thank you Rhian.
He is our dog so of course we love him… Subjective.
But more objectively, he really is adorable according to others.
He brings joy.
We visit a very disabled lady. He is therapy for her.

Happy Anniversary, sure is a day to celebrate, the day a true love story began xxx

Besoeker, There is absolutely no question about it, you really do idolise your dog.
I bet it was one of the best days when he came into your life and his too!

Happy Anniversary, to you both. :slight_smile:

I have a beautiful Southern Belle and a handsome, well behaved dog.

What more could a man ask for?

:smiley:

Edit:
No, I don’t idolise my dog. I do realise he is just a dog. Not a dyslexic God.

Ooh Besso I nearly missed this.
Photos please. X

http://i.imgur.com/Vx1kPaq.jpg

Two bundles of joy…

Aww that is so true. X

Adorable boy and a precious girl! They look so happy together.

Not much better in life than a great dog - or four - as the case may be!

Today was a bit hectic.We walked as we do and managed to avoid the downpours. This afternoon it was off to the groomer. That was a bit of a challenge. I can’t drive because of my cataracts so we have to take a taxi.

The one driver who will take dogs was not available for his appointed time this morning but the groomer was flexible and it got rescheduled for afternoon.

We are moving in about a week to meet the agreed completion date but contracts were not completed until today. Lots of things to do changing addresses, organising the packers, removers, utilities,

Tomorrow I’m off to hospital for surgery and on Friday we are off to the vet.

Fun week.

Glassoline Alley…

http://i.imgur.com/2RXqZKJ.jpg

Good luck with the move Besso. x

Lovely photo. xxxx

Thank you kindly, Sweet Pea.

Yes, he is photogenic. And a really very good dog. A big, gentle, handsome beast. Attentive, obedient.
A little tail from yesterday afternoon.

Our house fronts on to a green Two little girls, a neighbour’s children, were sitting there when I got back with Max. He sat with them for a while and they fussed over him. I let them be. It isn’t something of which dog behaviourist approve and I quite understand that.

If other children want to fuss over him I tell they have to get their parent’s nod.

Anyway, when it was time for the little girls to go home they walked Max back into our house. A testament to all. They are very polite, that whole family is.
And Max is Max.

Lovely story Besso, and a lovely thread. X

I believe ‘the border ‘ is England /Scotland if it’s the same breed you are referring to as I have …and whilst Samson is nearly 9 now I have no regrets in my choice of best mate whatsoever however I would say border collies aren’t for the feint hearted and whilst they carry the best dog, most loyal , most intelligent, most this that and the other breed … it all comes at a cost and unless you are 100% active outdoors in all weathers then try a different breed easier on your legs !
They are a natural working dog and want to ‘work’ 24/7 as they have such active mind and spirit … no where in their book does it say ‘relaxing day ‘ and they get bored after a minutes silence so whilst I’m not saying don’t I am saying as celine Dion once said THINK TWICE

Still miss my two brothers Pooh and Benji…both had to be put down a few weeks apart aged 16 Awful to lose a friend…losing both was heartbreaking.
Wonderful memories though.

https://image.ibb.co/eKQa0K/019.jpg

Lovely pics .
Border collies are wonderful
My rescue dog Mungo we have had him for just over a year now.

Thank you SP. The reference to Glassoline Alley was the amount of broken glass there. It’s route from the local convince store to a chav estate.

We won’t miss that.