Max and us - our fourth anniversary

Ah quite right too Marm!
A Welsh border collie is in fact a dog bred from a Border collie and a Welsh sheepdog
The sheepdog is a pure working breed and these dogs are happiest in a working environment
So Google tells me :smiley:

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve heard of a welsh one , I go to the odd sheep dog trial in wales and whilst I imagine many are home bred working dogs I didnā€™t realise they distinguish as A seperate breed .

Should you ever seriously decide on taking on a dog , any dog then my advice would be to do your homework first and find a breed to fit your house , car, lifestyle and you will have many happy years together I imagine but wrong breed usually ends in a dogs home sadly and itā€™s rarely the dogs fault truth be known .

Lovely dogs.

More pics Besso.
Please. X

Trouble is I canā€™t recall all of what I have posted.

http://i.imgur.com/2RXqZKJ.jpg

Smart in his Tux for sure. But mostly it is his lovely demeanor that wins people over. On our afternoon stroll today, a bunch of miniature poodles descended upon him. He just laid down on the grass and let them sniff and bark at him. Not the slightest hint of aggression from him.

Of course we love him dearly. But it is the comments from others, his vet, the groomer, the baker at the local storeā€¦
He is a keeperā€¦

See post 13ā€¦

OOps, Besso, you need to take your camera out with you. xxxx

Well spottedā€¦:wink:

It had to to take that photograph which is obviously outsideā€¦:smiley:

I love your dog - and Iā€™ve never even met him!

Me too Tabby.
When I am feeling down I just look at the photos and I smile x

Thank you Silver Tabby.

The Max

What can I say?
Iā€™ve mentioned before that he is a qualified pets as therapy dog. We visit a very disabled lady.

Yes, he is my dog. Very much my dog.

How did we get so lucky?

I believe you must be very good people - or he would not want to stay with you. He is obviously a very happy dog and feels secure enough in your company to be so relaxed in his behaviour. You rescued him, and gave him the love he needed to be himself.

Thank you ST. We do try to be good people. Yes, Max gets the best we can give him. We are rewarded with that beautifully behaved, very intelligent, furry beast His striking looks are appreciated as a bonus.

Intelligent? Iā€™ve posted this before. We front on to a green.All I need to tell him left or right. Walk for about an hour. Usually, no further instruction required. We stroll on in quite companionshipā€¦

Another little tail My dear wife has just gone out. How does he know he is not invited? Yet knows when he is and isnā€™t,

Another tail - a tear jerker.
We are moving tomorrow.
Went over to our local convenience store to say our goodbyes. Max on tow of course.
Hugs all round.
The baker lady gave me a big bag of goodies for Max, treats, toys, and a bottle of Hungarian wine.

I was overwhelmed.

Does Max like Hungarian wine?

Good luck with the move Besso.
I hope Max enjoys his treats, and settles well into his new home. X

Thank you SPā€¦
Iā€™m sure Max will take it in his stride. We hired a holiday cottage in Scotland a couple of years ago. We let him out the front door, no lead. He had a stroll about his ā€œnewā€ garden, tapped on the door to get back in. He travels well, stays in hotels, rides in the lift as if he owns it.

We have no worries on that score.

Where we walked today - with himself off the lead. The path of an original Roman road.

http://i.imgur.com/h3ejuQ5.jpg

He already knows his way around. He is a smart cookie - I would say that. But other people are sometimes surprised by it.