Mart's Images & Photos

5 Likes

Me at Tintagel, Cornwall in 1975.

5ZBUIbC

The good old days. Part of my workspace. I’ve still got that long Phillips screwdriver and the oscilloscope.

Drawn using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer.

4 Likes

I love that first picture,mart, haven’t a clue how you did it though.:blush:

1 Like

It’s made using a program called ‘Xara 3D’. Primarily used to make 3D animated text but crafty use of it makes it possible to produce other animations.

2 Likes

Great pictures Mart

:smiley:

2 Likes

Interesting animation.
What were you doing with your scope in 1975?

1 Like

Thanks :001: - These are pictures that were in the albums on the old forum. We need to use a thread as an album now, so I thought I’d pay a visit to the old forum and start saving the pictures from there to put in this thread. Add to it gradually.

1 Like

Not so much needed for TV repairs, so I didn’t use one very much in 1975. I’m trying to remember the year I started repairing video recorders. Perhaps it was the late 70s early 80s. The one in the photo was bought in 1985 when I went self-employed. Pretty essential in my opinion for looking at waveforms, especially the FM envelope shape when adjusting video head tape guides.

1 Like

Making pictures with cubes. Some photographic content but mostly drawn using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer (see vector graphics)

clockcube

cubes

cubeball

5 Likes

Fantastic, you are getting better and better at Xara.

I was just thinking I hadn’t seen you Mart and was going to give you a message telling you to get on over her then I saw this post, so glad you came over, I love seeing your Xara work. Xara is the best! I’m nowhere on a level as you are but I enjoy what it has to offer.

Keep 'em coming Mart.

Good looking guy stood on that bridge, loving the specs, you remind me a bit of a young John Lennon

3 Likes

Nice photos Mart - and you look very fit and healthy in your Tintagel pic :023:

2 Likes

Yes, still around Lion Queen and I’m pleased to see you are too. :001:

I was pretty fit and healthy back then Azz. Must have been all that humping about of those big old colour TVs. :001:

2 Likes

Great pics Mart, I’m glad you recovered them from the old forum.

I find them intriguing… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A few more pastime pictures…

7 Likes

I enjoyed this thread and the pictures Mart… (no idea how I found it though :icon_lol:).

1 Like

oh Mart, these are brilliant, I especially love the four flowers. Did you do that in Xara?

1 Like

Brilliant Mart :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

They were done in Xara using the thermal filter. It’s sometimes hard to remember exactly how an image was produced but I think I added more using a program called Painnt.

1 Like

superphoto

Interlocking patterned rings drawn in RealDraw Pro (a vector drawing program)
rings

A shield drawn in RealDraw Proshield

A geese photo stitched together in Xara Photo & Graphics Designer (just two geese in original photo). 3D effect added.

Geometric towers drawn using Xara Photo & Graphics Designer.

Budgie photo processed in Xara Photo & Graphics Designer.
curlybudgie

5 Likes

@mart … Very clever Mart! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like